Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preston Area Lakes
Anyone know the conditions on the Preston Area Lakes? Ice gone, almost gone, not even close??? Any info would be great. I was thinking of taking a drive up tomorrow to look, but if someone from there knows than that will save me some time/effort since it is suppose to be nasty tomorrow.
TS
[signature]
i am heading up that way today what lakes are you wondering about and i will check them out.
[signature]
Glendale and Condie mainly. I would also like to know about Oneida, but I am sure that will be one of the last in that area to be ice free. Thanks for the info (upcoming)!!!
TS
[signature]
i didnt actualy get up that way yesterday. I decided to wait until the morning when i had a bit more time. Sorry. If it will help you in the morning pm me and i will give you a call.
[signature]
No big deal. Was thinking of draggin the boat up that way next weekend. Would hate to drag it up and have the lakes still frozen.
TS
[signature]
I am curious of these lakes also. I have been thinking of taking a trip down that way and see how my luck goes. I have been curious about Lamont Reservoir also. Are there still Tiger Muskies in there and are they big enough to keep yet? Where would a good place to camp for a weekend be around Foster/Glendale/Johnson/Lamont?
[signature]
you can camp at johnson or glendale depending what you like i guess.... havnt been down that way in awhile sorry guys id go look for ya....
[signature]
Foster is ice free , Treasurton is about half ice free . But with this 40 MPH wind we are having today I bet they are all clear . Thats what happen up to Ririe last week . Two days of wind took all the ice off. Curt G.
[signature]
well the weather suks to say the leaste so i didnt end up going up that way so no report. I would imagine the wind opens up a lot of water but once again it will take half a week for the the snow to run off again. [:/] I hate this time of year when it can be 60 degrees and awsome and the next day its 30's and a foot of snow.
[signature]
I know, it's extremely depressing. On a side note, I drove past Weston yesterday, and it's still completely iced over. A little soft on the edges, but I don't even think there's an inch of open water. Dang I miss that place. Oh, and Oxford is ice free. Don't know if anything is alive in there, but it's open.
[signature]
Welcome to Idaho . Thats why I wear my swim suit under my long johns . That way I am ready for anything . Curt G.
[signature]
last time i was up in preston i didnt see any of the lakes but foster and it still had a bit of ice on it you could probly shore fish if there were any fish in there so i would guesse glendale is still fairly froze.
[signature]
Fished the Narrows Sat and Treasureton. Treasureton was iced out 10 yards around the dam -then at the boat ramp all the way around the north side past the first bend then 30 yards wide across the lake to the east side and then towards the island.
[signature]
looked at condie and oneida today, condie isn't even close to boat launching. Only a little water showing around the edges and the rest ice. However oneida is looked completely ice free and the launch looked good. No boats but definitely launchable.
[signature]
I passed Devil's Creek, Deep Creek, and Weston today. Devil's was mostly ice, maybe 15 to 20% open, mostly at the northern end, but some open water at the dam. Deep Creek had a fair amount of open water, maybe 35%, mostly in the shallower bays, and Weston just had a bit of open water on the west end. I'm thinking I'll head up that way Tuesday. I'll post the results.
[signature]