Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caught something below Palisades
Went up to fish the river at the paliSades dam before they open the gates more (supposedly tomorow I'm hearing). There were 4 people fishing against the fence together and then 1 more a little further down when we arrived just after 7am. I got a solid hit as soon as my first cast hit the water, then nothing. Before long The group I noticed were pulling fish in, but I quickly noticed they were snagging them, then into their cooler they went. About the third one I got a good look at the fish as it went by me about 10 feet off the shore. It was a cut about 15" range. It also went into the cooler. After that I called the CAP line and they sent an officer out to check. He called twice to verify who it was I was concerned about while he observed with optics from the road. By this time one of them left with a stringer with about 10+ fish (I have yet to catch that many rainbows total up there in 2+ yrs). The other 3 he said he would watch and the more fish they caught like that the more trouble they were in. They eventually left and the officer met them in the parking lot. 45 minutes later when we left (still skunked) he was still talking with them about the regs, fines, etc. In the end I didn't catch any fish, but I felt the day was successful since I did help nab some of the people responsible for screwing up some of the fishing there. [Smile]
[signature]
Yeah! Here's one for the good guys. Congrats. Mike
[signature]
Right On! Sounds like you did have a BIG catch[Wink]
[signature]
A handshake to you for watching over our resources and to be concerned enough to do the right thing!

[signature]
That's the best report I've heard all season. Way to go![Smile]
[signature]
Good work. I am glad to see that COP works well. I called them to report some people out at Springfield a couple weeks ago and they were very helpful and sent someone over pretty quick. The officer contacted me and everything. Again, good job. I saw the F&G Officer spotting from up on the hill behind me and was trying to figure out what he was doing. Now I know Smile
[signature]
Nice to hear someone got caught. I hate it when people do that. Such a waste. Good Job.

By the way, this is the last thing I caught below PaliSades dam.

[inline anchor.jpg]
Caught it on a 5 wt Orvis along with a 1.5lb whitefish.
[signature]
Good Job helping nab the poachers. I think snagging in that area is pretty common. I am sure if they set up a sting in that area they would catch a bunch of people over the course of a week.

Windriver
[signature]
Nice catch Prvrt, what pound test do you use when fishing for those iron fish?[Wink]
[signature]
Nice job Belasko. Too bad more people aren't willing to go out of their way to help enforce the regulations.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
A double thanks from me also Belasko! If more people would report poachers we would have better fishing and hunting.

DeeCee [Smile]
[signature]
Tonight the flows will increase 300cfs, and I believe it will increase 500cfs tomorrow and again for the next 2 days after that, but I have not seen the paper work for those yet. So it could be at 2500-3000cfs by the end of the week. Most of the time we make these changes at 10pm.
[signature]