Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek-New Guy on Site
[size 1]This is the first time that I have posted here on the board. I have been listening in on your discussion for about six months now. I think that it is about time that I start giving back some information after taking so much from you guys over the last few months. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Last Thursday my family and I went to Lost Creek. We were trolling in my canoe. We used type 3 fly lines to get the fly down to the fish. Leaches seemed to work best especially bright green sparkle. We had constant action and ended up boating and releasing 18 rainbows in about three hours. We trolled close to the shoreline. The rainbows were small but they fought extremely hard for their size. They kept my four year old very occupied and happy.

Thanks again for all of your help and information. [/size]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hey Windriver! Welcome to the site. Glad to have you aboard. This place is a wealth of information. It's also a great place to meet new people and make new fishing friends. Again, glad you decided to participate in our discussions.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey Windriver,it's great that you have started posting, we can always use new people that not only view put contribute to the site, that is one of the things that make this site great. Great report also, we don't get many reports of people trolling with flys but it can be a good way to catch fish. WH2
[signature]
Welcome Windriver,

I often do well trolling with flies, even in the middle of the day, when I remember to give them a try. I have caught fish at Strawberry trolling a larger fly down 15 feet on my downrigger, using no other attractant.
[signature]
Welcome to the site. I have never trolled with flies, but I do know that panther martins work well up at lost creek. Fishing from shore you can get themon just about anything. We were fishing there last summer and was running low on powerbait so my son put on a piece of green bubble gum and kept catching fish. The best part was they couldn't get it off the hook so a piece lasted him a long time.
[signature]
good report, welcome to the site windriver!

sm
[signature]
Great report Windriver! What I liked best about it is you took your kids along. They can be a pain in the ass at that age but you'll laugh and tell stories about in the years to come. I know my dad did, and so did I. Al
[signature]
Welcome aboard! Best part was the green gum, see anthing will do for bait sometimes.
[signature]
Nice to have you here windriver. Thanks for the nice report as well. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]
How are the ramp conditions at Lost Creek?
[signature]