Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Carp Beatdown
Well some of the fishing might be slow right now but the bowfishing is on fire. I've hit one of my early spots the last two weeks and we cleaned up. First time we stuck 28 fish, 5 over 12 pounds. Then we went back on saturday between the storms and killed them. We ended up with just under 50 between the three of us. All females full of eggs. I also shot my first double. The arrow went right through both fish. One was about 8 pounds and the other about 10. Here are a few pics.
[signature]
NICE!! you should have a carp cut bait sale$$$$$$$
[signature]
Nice work. Those AMS setups are the best. Looks like you guys stuck a bunch of those mirror carp. I usally go around in reeds in Utah lake once it warms up a bit in my little boat, but until then I hit the jordan river behind my place. What kind of water are you guys shooting these in?
[signature]
That looks like fun, and your doing your good deed for the day @ the same time.
[signature]
Great job. Even the dog looks proud!
[signature]
Good job, what are you doing with them after you stick em ???
Most excellent! Brings tears to my eyes thinking about the poor little June Suckers down in Utah lake suffering because of the brutes!
[signature]
Half of those went into my brothers garden and the rest my neighbors usually take for the same purpose. They make good fertilizer. I cut a couple up usually for catfish bait as well. As far as what kind of water, a small channel that has a lot of shallow water that dumps into the river. They are just staging in it waiting for the water to warm up.
[signature]
Nice job helping out with the Utah lake recovery program[laugh]
[signature]
What reels to you like to use on your bows.? I go bowfishing every year at least a few times but I am not really set up for it. I have like 4 extra bows just sittin around and I would really like to set one up proper.
Fishjon
[signature]
What i have found to work the best is a recurve bow with a AMS retriever reel. As far as the rest goes, after using the roller style rest and having the arrow constantly fall off i went to the whisker biscuit made for fish arrows. it takes an extra second to put the arrow on but is worth it. Any fish arrow with the safety slide system will work. Hope this will help.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it greatly.
Fishjon
[signature]