Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Report/ Fish Lake Questions
I went a fished from shore at Jordanelle. I wanted to catch some smallmouth but didn't have any luck. The water is way up from last year so my favorite spots were difficult to get to. After losing about 15 jigs I decided to just fish for some perch. I fished right off the side of a rockpile with a little green jig and caught all the perch I wanted. Perch eyes caught the biggest fish but nothing was too big. They made for a good mess of fish to eat though.

Also, I'm going to Fish Lake on Friday and will be camping. Just wondering what would be the best campground to stay at. We'll be shore fishing on Friday afternoon and renting a boat on Saturday. What are some good lures or methods for the rainbows and splake? I've ice fished there and done well but have never fished there in the summer. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Hoosier
[signature]
I do not know the name of the campground, but up and across the road from the main lodge is the grounds I have stayed at and there was plenty of shade and nicely laid out.
[signature]
The campground that ane eye is talking about is Macinaw campground. It is one of the nicest in the area it has showers and restrooms lots of trees and is right across from the lake making for a short walk to fishing. there are abunch of others but not many with the amount of shade and every thing by the way it is a forest service campground and can be reserved in advance.
[signature]