Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello...Q. please
Hello, writting this on behalf of my Dad and myself. I actually post on a couple of other non related forums...corvetteforum & Harley Davidson forum...Sure looks like this forum is on par with them...gosh, how did we ever live without them. Members helping members, Smile.

Anyway, Dad and I just got back from Clear Lake in Calif. 4.5 hour drive and stayed 5 days, Bliss is an understatement...well, besides our Pinpoint trolling motor die'ing anyway, dang.

Well, were now in the market for a new trolling motor...looks like we've narrowed our choice to the Mini Kota (Fortrex) and MotorGuide (Pro Series).

Q. I've searched around on the site (to no avail), on a member review of the two units above... or even maybe a poll. A poll of whom is using what trolling motors. If there is such a review, or even outside this site...could someone please give us a link. Looks like we will be heading for Bass Pro Friday...make a purchase w/fish finders, install....then head back to Clear Lake.

Thanks for the help in advance!!! Muddy
[signature]
Welcome to the site Muddy, thanks for joining. Sounds like it was a nice get away, too bad your motor took an nose dive[crazy]. I can't really help you on your motor choice. Hopefully one of the other moderators can point you in the right direction. Good luck, no matter what motor you choose. WH2
[signature]
Thanks for the reply WH2....yep, great get away, but what fishn' trip isn't huh? Smile. As indicated, I've searched this site high and low (it is huge!) is there some where on this site or outside this site that fishermen review equiptment? Have a great day! Muddy
[signature]
you may want to try the [#000080][size 4][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=393556;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]Archives[/url][/size][/#000080].. maybe it will point you in the right direction..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I just typed [url "http://www.ask.com/web?q=+trolling+motors+review+&search=%3CDIV+id%3Dsb6%3E%0D%0A%3CDIV+id%3Ds6%3E%3C%2FDIV%3E%3C%2FDIV%3E&qsrc=0&o=0&l=dir"]trolling motor review[/url] in a search engine and came up with a good list of places you can check, click on the high lighted link. I hope that helps. WH2
[signature]