Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry report 3/31
Sorry this report is a little late.

We have done very little ice fishing this year because our usual stomping grounds (strawberry and scofield) have had such crappy fishing reports.

My brother was in town from Colorado so he and my dad and I decided to go give the Berry a try.

We were pleasantly surprised with our morning results. We got to the lake about 6:30 and were greeted by 17 deg temps and a steady w#%d making it rather cold.

We got to our spot that usually holds fish (near the marina) and there were fish all over on the finder. For the first hour and a half we caught fish on almost every drop. I would watch my jigs drop on the finder and then watch several fish come up off the bottom to intercept the jigs. They were very agressive during this time. After 8:30 they became much more picky and by 9:30 we couldn't buy a hit even though there were fish around. By 10 AM the fishfinder was blank. We left at 10:30.

I finished the morning with 14 fish, my brother 10, and my dad just dodged the skunk with 1 fish. So we totaled 25 fish in 3 1/2 hours which I thought was respectable. All were slot cutts with several that were fat and 21+ inches but not quite big enough to bring home. It was 27 deg when we left to come home.

There is 20+ inches of ice with a foot or so of packed snow and maybe 4-6 inches of powder on top of that. walking was pretty easy and snowmobiles would have no prob. Wheeler a little iffy if it warms up a little.

A fun morning but very cold. We will go again soon!
[signature]
Nice report and catch. Still alot of ice.
[signature]