Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XLDVee, Chick - CFF practice, LM & Drum, 4-3, grayson_garrett
Well I still havent had the boat on the water yet, so me and GG decided to go after work and make sure the ol' gal was dialed in for tomorrow. Well she ran great, but the 2 hrs we were on the water was slow. Started off fishing rocky banks with deep water nearby with traps and jerks with no luck. GG picked up a jig and immediately got hit, but didnt hook up. After a few more passes with no luck, we headed south to some shallow water sheltered from the wind and tried to find some big girls and still looking for a pattern to follow tomorrow....<br /><br />Well, flipped a few docks when WHAM!!! GG got drilled but the fish dropped it. I threw right behind him and WHAM!!!! I set the hook hard and it took off. I hollered for the net as drag was screaming, and then is surfaced.....I'm here to tell you, if anyone ever does have that Drum tournament.....IM ALL IN!!!!<br /><br />Thought I had landed Ol' Dottie but it turned out to be a big ol Drum in less than 2 FOW. After my nerves got settled and I got that nasty thing out of the boat, we continued back up the other side of this slough. Flipped a jig to a concrete piling and ever so lightly felt the line load up. I gave a half-hearted hookset and it was fish on! Fought for about 8 seconds when it came up and made a big jump. It was a solid 5+ but she made another flop and spit my jig back at the boat. It made me sick, but it was great to see that big gal fighting and jumping. Got out of that area and came on back to HBSP. GG had plans with the ol' lady and I didnt want to jinx myself for tomorrow.<br /><br />All in all only boated 1 fish in 2 hours, but had the nice LM on and got several quality hits. Like Jmax reported, a lot of hits today were very subtle. Depths from 2-10. Water temp 56-57<br /><br />See ya'll in the morning!!<br /><br />http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn56/dirtymax58/AdamDrum-1.jpg