Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT Idaho-Rules
First of all I just wanted to say how exciting it is to see the BFT Idaho board grow into a really good board over the last couple of years.

I have seen many boards go from great to terrible quickly because a few people did whatever they wanted and ended up running off the majority of the good people.

That being said I decided it was time to post the BFT Idaho rules. If you don't like them you are welcome to leave or find yourself a new moderator.[cool]

1. Absolutely no profanity. That includes creative profanity. Some of us have kids that read this forum and love to fish we don't need to subject them to anything but fishing.

2. No personal attacks. Everyone is welcome to their opinion but there is no reason anyone should feel personally attacked for their opinion or personal fishing philosophy.

3. Keep pictures under 1 mb so that others can upload them quickly.

4. Keep the subject matter strickly about fishing reports, techniques, and information on the fishing board. We have other boards for other discussions.

5. [#0000ff][#000000]BFT does not support or encourage illegal activities. Any posts that directly or indirectly encourage such activities may be edited, deleted or identified as illegal. Members who then continue to encourage such actions may have stronger actions taken against them. All members are encouraged to hit the report post button, if they find a post about any illegal activities.[/#000000] [/#0000ff]

If everyone will stick to these basic rules I think we will see explosive growth on our board and this will be what it was intended to be a great place to share fishing information.

Thanks
Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for the post. It never hurts to just review the basics from time to time. You're doing a great job windriver![fishin]
[signature]
I'm a newbie to this forum but It has alot of good info and so far the people have been nice. Keep it up!
[signature]
Great board, thanks Windriver for moderating. Idahoans are great people, very polite and giving. Thanks everyone!![laugh]
[signature]
Lately several of the posts I have been reading are pretty blatant about disregarding the clearly spelled out rules of the Idaho Forum. D/T this I felt it was time this thread got a little bump and maybe a little spelling it out to make the points clear on some.

1. "Absolutely no profanity, including creative profanity". Most people are good about this, but I'm seeing a large number of people (mostly newer members, so they may just not be aware) that are removing a vowel or a couple letter from the word and putting in symbols instead. This however does nothing to hide what is being said. Use a word that doesn't break the rules instead and spell it out.

2. "No personal attacks." Simple. Don't tell someone they're an idiot, worthless, racist etc. unless they themselves have already claimed it.

3."Keep pics under 300k". Very straight forward, little tougher w/ the higher megapixel cameras but not very. I do feel that perhaps this one could use some review for updating since internet connection speeds have increased for most people in the last few years. Perhaps 600-900k is more appropriate. Just a thought for the moderators to mull over.

4."Keep the subject matter strickly about fishing reports, techniques, and information on the fishing board." Simple. Think about what your thread is going to say, look at the main Idaho board options, and if it doesn't have anything to do w/ fishing put it in one of the other categories.

I think if people actually review these rules periodically and abide by them, and they are enforced when needed, then this board will continue to thrive and improve.
[signature]
Thanks for the reminders. You might be right about the picture size. We can talk about that and an up date might be coming.

Windriver
[signature]
Considering recent events, you might seriously think about making a rule that prohibits posting photos that show people violating fishing regulations.
[signature]