Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay just playing
Launched the boat about 10 this morning at N. Marina, just as Crankem was doing the same. we gave each other a hand as we were both fishing solo. I started with running planer boards just off the cottonwoods and headed south toward the feed lots. Water temps varied from 44 to 45 dgrees according to my Lowrance. Marked a few fish on some of the structure but no takers. I was mainly learning the ropes on how to use my New LXC27, I think we are going to get along just fine. Saw quite a few boats on West Dike near light pole but that's normal for this time of year. Ran into Crankem and he said he hadn't had a bump. also chatted with Hookumand cookum and they hadn't had any luck either. I tried flipping some curly tails along several locations on the dike but no luck. Just felt good getting the boat out for a bit. I need a little more self schooling on the GPS and I think I will be good to go with it. I'm kind of curious of what is going to happen to the Tourney on the Bay in May. It's nice to have the docks in at the North Marina.
[signature]
hi pete i was on my walk isaw you heading to the marina by the j sounds like you had fun in the sun see you on the water walleyeone
[signature]
I saw you pulling out. Awful nice looking boat. I was launching the red 17' Lund as you were wiping off. My luck was about the same as yours. I only made one slow trolling pass in front of the feed lot and picked up a couple of cats in one of the trenches on the west side on a Lindy rig. Never saw the water break 47* and pulled off the water about 5:30.
[signature]
I usually like to give the old Crestliner a wipe down to get the water spots off. I try to keep her looking nice and we appreciate the compliment on the old girls looks she's 9 years old this year. I thought maybe you were going to stop and BS on the way down to your boat. Next time stop by and say hi. The action should start picking up now with the temps starting to rise. Good luck to ya and see ya on the water.[fishin]
[signature]
Next time I'll say hi. I would have never guessed that boat was 9 years old.
[signature]