Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help!!
I'm trying to build a platform on the side of my float tube that will accomodate my vexilar(ice flasher) that will float but not take on much water! So far both of my designs have failed! I'm thinking of using some bigger pvc pipe as runners than building the platform off of that. What does everyone think? I'm trying to keep mobilaty a priorty!! I don't want to be doing circles [Smile] Let me know of your ideas!!! Thanks in advance!!! Peter
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Not to be a contrarian, but I recommend you get a good LCD sonar instead of a flasher for tubing. Unless you are going to be vertical jigging 100% of the time, the positive aspects of the flasher are pretty well nullified. Better to have a sonar that displays bottom contours and composition (gray line) and shows a scrolling record of fish moving through at different depths.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I fish for perch and other bottom dwelling species myself, but use the sonar only to locate the area and then focus on presentation...not watching the little colored lines. As a point of fact, I often make the statement that 99.9% of all the fish I catch are never seen on my screen...because I am usually either casting or bottom bouncing out behind my tube. The sonar works mainly to keep me in the right depths and to let me know when I am in fish country...so that I can fish with more positive expectancy.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Eagle, Bottomline and Lowrance all have "low end" units (under 1000 watts) that work well for tubing and can run all day on a small SLA battery. They can also be installed with a minimum of PVC and space requirements.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
What TD said[Smile]
[signature]
Thank's tubedude!! I was trying to make the vexilar work but the unit is big and heavy making it difficult. I would have to build a big platform for it making my tube heavy on one side which i dont like!! I have to kick harder with my left leg in order to track straight. So i've decided to go with your suggestion(tubedude) and buy a smaller unit!! Thanks again!!! Peter
[signature]