Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay
Just got back from willard bay, had a good afternoon 1 wiper and 3 cats, No eyes water temp is at 46 degrees i didnt mark any fish in the shallow. all were at 10 ft or more, Used flat jigs tiped with crawler, drifting, I trolled for 2 hours never drew a bit(slow troll). Once i went into the drift mode i started to catch fish.
[signature]
Way to go...we were out there Sunday nothing no bump at all...it's only a matter-o-time for Willard...H2O temp yesterday was noon 41* pushing 42* then we did see 43* roughly at 3PM.

Bring on the warm temps...and the fish will come... [Smile] [Smile]
[signature]
Way to go, I knew somebody would break the ice.[fishin] LOL
[signature]
Nice catch
[signature]
My hero seriously !!!! Catchin a wiper in 46 deg is tuff duty congrats big time ... When u say " flat jigs " you lost me any info too share on jig type without gettin too specific ??? Thanks for any or and all ..Fish on..[Wink] FISHAMANIAC[Wink]
[signature]
I will post pictures off them when i get home tonight, When things get tough out there, There is a area on the south side that has weeds, Each clump or weed bed will have fish on them, This year all ready i can mark them on my fish finder, There not as tall as they will get but they are there. The best way to discribe the area is when you come out of the south marina, Head west along the dike about a half mile down you will see there is a slight difference in the rock, it cuts in a little there also. If you have a north wind your in luck get about 3oo yards from shore and drift back in toward shore. if its a south wind the bite just wont happen.The jig that worked the best last year and seams to be on track this year was a gold and brown realy dark im assuming it looks like a carp fry.best of luck to all i will post pictures later tonight.
[signature]
nice fish. is there a lot of walleye in willard. if so any pointers would be great.[Smile][Smile][Smile]
[signature]
Is this out in front of "the tire"?? I think i have seen you out there before catching eyes. Your secret is safe with me, i can't catch them there anyways.[Wink]
[signature]
The eyes seem to be hit and miss, The best i can say is on a overcast day i will be there even if i have to take a day off work,[sly]
I like to troll with a wee-wart. of same color as the jigs. but they have to be on bottom skipping along. Again this is hit and miss i been out there many days and got skunked.
After being sprayed in the face buy a skunk you get use to it after awhile. or give up trapping on or the orther. fishing is no different,
[signature]