Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 4/6/09
REPETER and I fished Strawberry yesterday around The Strawberry Marina. There was no slush, but walking was a little difficult (except if one stayed on the snowmobile paths) because there was a crust on the snow and then about 4-6 inches of soft snow under the crust. Ice is still at least 20 inches thick and solid. Catching was not spectacular but we caught some. Clint caught the largest fish at just over 22 inches. It was nice to meet and fish with Clint. In case anyone is interested, the road to Mud Creek is closed (they are no longer plowing the roads and the wind has blown the snow around and covered that road in snow drifts).
[signature]
Glad to hear there is still safe ice. Need to take my boy up next week durring his spring break so he can have 3 fish for the kids Ice fishing contest.

His dad has had a hard time getting him on the ice this year.[crazy]
[signature]
I haven't been on for a couple days, but wanted to say thanks to Kent for showing me the ropes up at Strawberry. His generosity with electronics really made a big difference. It was cool to see what the fish were doing on the "showdown". I should've asked for some sunscreen though, because I forgot mine and got really burnt up [pirate] still would do it again in a heart beat!
[signature]