Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello From Michigan
Hi

I just joined this site and as suggested am posting an introduction. I am a 68 year old retiree, living and fishing in southwest Michigan, around Paw Paw and Mattawan (that's just a little west of Kalamazoo for those of you who aren't from around here). I haven't fished much in recent years due to work and some illness, but I feel great now and want to get back into it. Anyone who can help me with suggestions on where to fish locally without a boat, when, and for what would be most appreciated.

Send me a reply if you like.

FishDoc
[signature]
[#008000][Image: happy.gif]Hi there FishDoc and welcome to the world of retirees & oh yea to the BFT. This is a great site and I hope that you enjoy the experience. BTW here is a link to your home state: [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?category=33"]Michigan[/url][/#008000]
[signature]
Hi Dryrod

Thanks for the greeting and the link to the Michigan forum - I've already been there! I've also already used the knot tying section and learned how to tie a new knot - very helpful.

This looks like a great site.

FishDoc
[signature]
how you doing..im from dorr mi...tell me what you want to fish for and i can probbly tell you were...and maybe how..i mostly fish steelhead and trout but have done many kinds of fishing over the years...
[signature]
Hello Lurtch
Thanks for the reply and offer. I'd like to fish for bluegills and perch, but need to from shore as I have no boat. So any suggestions as to good places not too far from Paw Paw would be appreciated.

FishDoc
[signature]
the bluegills should be doing real good right now in the backwatters of the highbanks..if you dont know were this is i can direct you..this is a fish from shore situation..perch should start on the peir in about 3 weeks..im about 30 miles north of you and dont know paw paw area very well..im in allegan area..
[signature]
im probolly going to be at the backwatters of the highbanks sunday let you know..
[signature]
Thanks, just where is the backwaters of the highbanks, and where are the shore fishing access points? And what pier are you referring to for perch?

Have a great Easter

FishDoc
[signature]
i wuld acctually have to get the map out ..then know were your comming from...its on m-89 going towards fennville...as far as peirs go i like holland peir but saugatuc might be clooser for you..if you you really want to catch pearch check uot the rates for the party boat going out of saugatuc it holds about 20 people and takes you right to them..i dont know what the rates are..
[signature]
OK, M-89, where is/are fishing access sites?
[signature]
m 89 runs between allegan to fenville...you fish this spot from the road bridge its acualy a creek thats dammed up at the bridge to flood the duck preserve..its right next to the kalamazzo river...the blue gills come there in the spring for the warm watter...dont trie fishing it any were else entering the duck preserve to fish is prohibited..
[signature]
Hey guys, please feel free to continue your conversation with the PM function, thanks[Smile]. WH2
[signature]