Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Walleyes again 6-12-03
Just can't get enough of Deer Creek, caught walleyes, smallmouths and one largemouth. Mostly off the points, saw a few boats on the flats today don't know if they were catching or not.

[Image: poncho_6936.jpg]

[Image: poncho_6937.jpg]

[Image: poncho_6938.jpg]

[Image: poncho_6939.jpg]

[Image: poncho_6940.jpg]
[signature]
Man poncho, you are like a fish magnet! What were you catching them on today? If you use the lindy rigs, how fast to you troll? Thanks.
[signature]
I caught them all on the lindy rig with leeches, still using the trolling motor on the front of the boat so i'm not trolling very fast. Tried throwing jigs but no takers. Caught them all in 18 to 22 feet.
[signature]
were you trolling slow enough that a float tuber could keep up, or would that be too fast? where do you get leeches, or were they plastic?
[signature]
The leeches came from sportsmans warehouse in midvale. I caught some of my fish right in the same area you were at in your tube yesterday. I also caught them there yesterday. If you go early and don't have to fight the wind you can probably move fast enough in the tube. I won't be there tomorrow have to see about getting my prop fixed, got into some rocks.
[signature]
hmmm, seems to me the leeches are the secret, ah ha, guess i will be heading to sportsmans soon. he when you gonna take me up and show me the ropes? LOL, all i need is to land a walleye and i will be set.
[signature]
I doubt if i make it back up there till next week, depends on how long they take on my prop.
[signature]
Nice fish Poncho , man I wish I was there . Keep them coming .
[signature]
Fished there last night,caught smallies and some nice rainbows,but no eyes.Hey poncho I bought some flaoting jig heads like you said but I don't think i am riging them up right.Do you think you could take a pic of your lindy rig set up to show us rookies how to catch those eyes???
[signature]