Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Eyes
Well, they are biting at the bay. Biggest eye we have ever caught at Willard. [fishin]
[signature]
Nice fish 26" thats the biggest I have seen come out of there in a while!
[signature]
Sure is a nice fish you've got there.
[signature]
why is it that Ira always gets the biggest fish?
[signature]
wow!! awesome eye!!
[signature]
Like Jason Said, but usually its always Ira holding the fish. Where does Ira buy his Rabbits feet at?
[signature]
I get lucky sometimes this walleye was caught on the old reliable producer and released for another day.
[signature]
WHAT WERE YOU USING
[signature]
I sent the walleye pics to my wife via cell phone. She was able to make the post before we got off the lake. We got blown off the lake when the storm came in. But it was pretty cool to get a post in while still out there. Ira is not just lucky he is pretty good. We were trying all the stuff in our vast arsenal and I managed to get several hook ups and finally land a decent wiper. Got it on a big 6 inch reef runner in clown. I got more bugs worked out on the side imaging and we are learning things like the humps along the west side is actually a submerged road. That ran through there. Oh and there are lots and lots of fish down there. No shortage of fish just a shortage of hungry ones. The lake varied from near glassed out to serious rough. But that is typical Willard Bay.
[signature]
Reelfast!
Real nice walleye-like some of the old ones that came out of there. Nice job. Is that a Berkley lip gripper your using, if so, how do you like it? I've got a lot of freeboard on my boat and am wondering if that long lip gripper might be handy, if its any good?---Gary
[signature]
Nice report Dan !! And nice catch Ira!! you lucky dog!![:p]
[signature]
[inline Willardwiper04-11-09.JPG]
[signature]
Nice fish guys,That is one pig walleye.Congrats Ira.I think your having to much fun with that humer reelfast.[Wink] It would be cool to see some of the screen shots.of that Road bed.[Wink].Thats a nice wiper to.looks like the fish put on some weight the last few years of low water.

fnf[cool]
[signature]
[#6000bf]To say I am impressed is an understatement![/#6000bf]
[signature]
Going into last winter we noticed there was a huge number of minnows in Willard. It looks like those minnows feed the wipers and walleye well during the winter[Wink]. We were marking a few groups of minnows yesterday but nothing like last fall.
You should see what the bottom of the bay looked like with that side imaging that Dan has on his boat, it is very impressive. There is more structure in Willard than most people realize, hopefully Dan will make a copy of an image of one of the roads we saw yesterday. Every time we go out there now we see stuff we never knew was there. I wish I had the money to buy the one that is for sale on the for sale board[:/],
[signature]