Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard ... wind ... and a few wipers
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Took a short spin on Willard again tonight. This time with Polokid and his friend Jason ... couple of fun young dudes. We were fishing only for little over an hour because of a wind storm that was kicking up some pretty good waves (I guess that "pretty good" is all relative ... but for my little boat it don't take much to send me scrambling to the marina). [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]On our way to the light pole, Jayson picked up our first one. Then once out by the light pole, Polokid gave us a good laugh when he hooked a nice one ... his drag was a screeming, his feet in the air, and eyes as big as dollar bills. And then he LOST it! Well that's fishing for ya. Then Jason pulled in a nice 3 lb'er that didn't fight much. Jason said it will make for a good supper.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2] Like I say, we only got about a good hour of fishing before the wind storm but it was fast and fun while it lasted. Thanks for the company dudes.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Here's Jason with the one that "didn't fight very hard":[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][/size][/font]

[Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0397203.jpg]

[Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0404498.jpg]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Coot? Is your wife visiting her mother? You've been a fishing fool these last few weeks. You're becoming our resident Willard expert! What a great guy to share so much with others. You're a one of a kind! Oh, and, great report.[/size][/font]
[signature]

HI COOT
Sounds like a fun time.
2 questions for ya.
Hows this year adden up to last years Wiper fishing?
And were is the feed lot? if it's not a secret.
[signature]
Hey I know those two young dudes! I went out last night with Jason, he is my brother, to Willard. Polokid was stuck at work and could not go but we called to let him know what was going on!

Glad to hear the report and I think I now have wiper fever at Willard! Also glad to hear you got some fishing in and returned safe to write her up.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Believe me, HFT, that feed lot is no secret! As you come out the South Marina, hang a hard right and follow the dike. You can see the silos and such. In the evening you can't miss the cloud of dust that place kicks up! And the smell..[/size][/font]
[signature]
I am also wondering where the feedlot is. I keep hearing a lot about the feedlot, the light pole, and the island (even though it's under water). I guess at a place like Willard there aren't too many other landmarks. Like I said in another post, I am going tomorrow night for the first time this year (second time ever) and could use all the help I can get. I'll be sure to take and then post some pictures - assuming the fish are willing to cooperate. [Smile]
[signature]
Hey Old Coot, good thing your boat aint waterloged! been's how you don't never give it a chance to dry out! LOL

Nice pics coot keep up the great posts!
[signature]
I was also at Willard last night fishing from shore. We had a few hits, but did not get any wiper in. I caught a few small cats with Worms. It seems to never fail it can be calm out there until we get geared up and as soon as we cast that first cast here comes that wind. But once you have hooked into one of those wipers you keep going back for more wind in the hopes of hearing that scream of the drag.
[signature]
Coot, I thought that was your truck I parked by, that wind started up as my brother and I was heading out of the marina, he hadn't caught a wiper yet so he wanted to brave it out, he caught is first wiper around 7:30 just north of the light pole, it was about 4 pounds, not bad for his very first one, I see what you mean about first timers Coot, I couldn't get him off the lake, we each caught about 8 wipers each, and I caught a Walleye, everything was caught on a Frenzy rattler, the wind finally died around 10 or so, and I had to work this morning, so we headed in, wouldn't you know it, the only bouy out in the middle of the lake and I had to hit it, I was watching a boat out on my left side that I thought was by the island, glanced down at my finder and the depth went from 12 ft to 2 ft real quick, before I could do anything, I hit that damn thing, no damage, thank goodness, just some big marks down the side of the boat.

going back out tonight............
[signature]
Even though I lost the fish, the screaming reel was fun enough!!! I am sure my face showed for alot of entertainment for jason and old coot. Too bad mother nature had to chase us away from the light pole when we finally started to get some consecutive hits and seeing alot of fish on the finder. Oh well that is how it goes. Old coots hospitality was great, great guy and knows his wipers!!!! I definitely learned some new tricks to do next time I go out!!!!

PS. Jason was get constant hits and follows and one fish on (small mouth) in the south marina!!! Using a rapala shad rap
[signature]
Someone told me there was a bouy over the island, marking the spot? Am I right? I've been there only 2 times.
[signature]
yes there is a bouy marking the island, I happen to hit to run it over last night, what are the odds.......
[signature]
Glad to hear you guys got into a few wipers. Aquaman,Hustler and I fished the feed lot area and out by the island and only landed 1 3.2lb wiper and 1 16" walleye just before it got dark. That area has been good for the past couple of weeks but last night was a different story.
[signature]
Yep, fishing wasn't that great but we had a few good laughs!
[signature]

Thats Funny!!!!
All this time I have been thinking the feed lot was a good place to fish because the fish like to feed there,not because of the farm on the other side.
[signature]