Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Lake 4/12/09
Tried to fish Electric Lake on Saturday, but by the time I got to Fairview the storm was hitting pretty hard so I turned the corolla around and went back home. Tried again Sunday in the truck. About a foot of new snow. The Fairview side was plowed, but the Huntington side wasn't, and only a few vehicles had been through. Got to Elake and found a 4 foot drift in my usual parking place. Went down the hill and found a seventy-something grandma with her lincoln side ways in the road. Stopped, got her turned around facing home and wished her well, but I think she missed Easter dinner. Parked in the upper pulloff and started fishing about 9:00am. Had a good time on the ice. Wind was cold, and the snow plow had passed my truck four times so I left at 1:00 to see if I need to dig out, but Mr plow driver was nice and didn't plow me in.

It is amazing the difference three weeks has made. There is about 3 feet of new snow on the ice. I had to dig down to ice and by the time my auger went through my turning hand was under water. Lots of new snow in the area.

Tackle: white glow jighead tipped with crawler.
Ice: 30 inches of ice and slush layers with lots of snow and slush on top.
Fish iced: 16 all cutts nothing over 16"
Temp: 30's
Depth: 16 feet

I'll add some pics.
Warning they are large.
[signature]
I guess persistence pays off! Not a bad trip for the end of the proverbial ice season.
[signature]