Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to fish Salt Lake area?
I live in Central Florida and will be in the Salt Lake area for a week at the end of April. I enjoy surf fishing the Atlantic Ocean and freshwater bass fishing. I do not fly fish. I am looking for a casual fishing outing and will need a license and spinning tackle rental (or buy an inexpensive combo). I wonder where I might go for a leisurely day fishing and enjoying you beautiful scenery. Thanks.
[signature]
We have a lot of small mouth bass fishing and large mouth bass in some lakes, or trout in about all lakes...

When you know the dates you may want to fish try P.M. some of the people on here and may be you can line up some one to show you where and what to use for what you want to fish for...
[signature]
You will probably get all kinds of advice from the good folks on this forum. Some good, some not so good.
We have a Sportsmens Warehouse and a Cabelas retail store right here in Salt Lake. For the most part you can stop by and visit with the guys/gals in the fishing departments who can give you good advice on most bodies of water and even sell you some stuff. [cool]

Good luck on your fishing and sight seeing...we have it all here.
[signature]
You're right on time for the first greenfish beds at the end of April in lower .......not so scenic or pretty locations lol.[Wink]
[signature]
You should try something different.
Willard Bay has Wipers (cross whitebass & Striped bass) which are a lot of fun. plus walleye and catfish.
Utah Lake catfish should be heating up about then too.

It's funny that I am typing this from Naples Florida.
[signature]
Let us all know when you will be out here and when you might hit a body of water up and there is a good chance one of us might be fishing there for the day.
[signature]