Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard Bay pan fish
how do I approach Willard Bay for pan fish? Are there certain areas of the lake they hold out at?
[signature]
Same question i have,,,

Caught a nice crappie this past weekend in the North marina. From what I gather, this is the place one will fish for them and soon.
[signature]
[quote fish1on]Same question i have,,,

Caught a nice crappie this past weekend in the North marina. From what I gather, this is the place one will fish for them and soon.[/quote]

I will need to see a picture of the Crappie to believe you.[:p]
[signature]
I Have also done the best for crappie and blue gill in the north marina. I wasn't really fishing for them, I was just using a 3 in" curly tail when they hit it. Seen a lot of blue gill in there though.
[signature]
Wipers are pretty good after sizzling in a pan and you can find them lake-wide [Wink]
[signature]
Admit it Dale mine was bigger...LOL

The fish saw Clayton and boogied.
[signature]
Best Crappie fishing at the Bay is probably just south of the North marina.... DKStroutfitter here's your proof....
[signature]
[quote ReelMasta]Best Crappie fishing at the Bay is probably just south of the North marina.... DKStroutfitter here's your proof....[/quote]

Nice fish!
Now if I can only get 10 of them myself, for dinner.

Pat,
I hope to give Willard another try on Saturday.
I just don't know whether to start on the SW side or the North Marina.
What do you think?
[signature]
So.. going to hit willard myself Friday morning. Forget the Crappie, we'll be targeting Eye's for the most part. Wipers will be spotty for a month or two but still the funnest fish in the state any time they hook up.

Slow down... and when you think your going slow enough... slow down a little more. You present it... and they will come!!

Can't wait for the boils!

Amen,
Masta out
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I have not yet targeted crappies, nor do I know of anyone who has scored any...on purpose. Until the water reaches at least 55 I don't expect to see any schools anywhere. Maybe a stray here or there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]SW of the north marina? Are you referring to that area just around the corner...or further toward Pelican Beach? There are a couple of deep pockets next to shore close to the marina that sometimes attract some fish. I have also done well in the past just where the dike begins...a change in structure.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am guessing that inside the marinas will be some of the better crappie catchin' again this year. Lots of new brush to bring them in, in the higher water. I will be testing that theory from my trusty tube in the near future.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The good news (for the crappies) is that the lake is virtually ringed with good spawning beds after the rising water has flooded all of the weeds and brush that grew in over the previous two years of low water. Of course that probably means that the few crappies that are left will likelybe scattered over much more of the lake and will be harder to find.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
You can get into the crappie later in may. The fish i posted was caught late may 08. just north of pelican beach tubing along the outside of the marina dyke.

Best crappie fishing for us Ogdenites would have to be Pineview in May. Water temps still need to come up.

We hit Willard Friday with no success. The water from the muddy inlet has the whole S/E end turned into chocolate soup. The water is clearer the farther north and west you go.
[signature]
crappie in willard-hhhmmmmm
the years I fished there I have never landed one. o-well perhaps you the man. [Wink]
[signature]
Nice Crappie, I need to target some of those "potato chips" even though yours looks like the whole potato ha ha.
[signature]