Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henrys Lake What to use?
I want to go up for the opener but am wondering what patterns of leeches, wolly's and scuds work best. My problem is all the different names for each fly. The same fly seems to have 4 different names! I went to bsflies.com and their website for their shop is under construction. I would like to buy a few and then tie them.

Any help would be great!
[signature]
You might want to ask this on the Idaho site, but I can give you a head start.

#12 Hot Chocolate (burnt orange and black woolly bugger)
#4- #8 Purple Showgirl (Black marabou tail, Purple Crystal Chenille Body and Black Marabou over wing)
plus regular nymphs like Haresears.

That is just for starters
[signature]
Thanks... That is something that I can handle. I hope BSflies can get their Website up so I can order some and then tie them up. On other reports I heard that scuds work but I don't know if they work this early.. What do you think? Just the standard colors on those?
[signature]
Absolutely....scuds work all the time. I would go #16 to maybe #10.

One other killer fly and this can be #10 to #16 nymph or streamer, weighted or unweighted

The Mighty Mouse.

Peacock body with palmered hackle (brown grizzly)

One thing on BS hackle flies, the material is pretty common, but his hackle he dies himself and for some reason, it is what works best.

Try PMing Tyebugs here, or Everett, they are both BS fly people.
Lynn is going to be at the Expo with me this weekend though.

I will mention to him about the site, I want to also mention that a HENRY'S LAKE COLLECTION box might be a good idea.
[signature]
Sweeet! I am way excited! BSflies... is their flyshop at Ponds Lodge? I will stop there on the way up and see what they say too. Thanks for the help!
[signature]