Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shed Hunt 4-18-09
I took another long hike up the mountain and this time was rewarded with a nice seven point elk, a decent 4 point deer and a couple two points. Not a bad day on the mountain.
[inline "Inline Seven.JPG"]
[signature]
Sweet pics 'Jaw! Glad you got into some sheds...looks like a good time and a nice pile of horns! That country looks like it would be pretty fun to hunt sheds in! Is that elk shed a new one or is it from last year? Gotta go find the other side now and have a sweet set!
[signature]
It's from last year, but still in good condition. I'm going to see if I can restore it back to a nice brown. There are still many sheds to be had up there, but my legs are starting to disagree.
You still getting out and looking around?
[signature]
That's good it'll look good stained. Did you see that antler restore stuff at the Sportsmans expo? I forgot what it's called but my buddy split some with me and it works awesome, its a lot easier than using stain. I'll get some pics for ya next time i'm over there! You should keep hittin' it the elk should start dropping like flies any day now! take some ski poles with you and you're legs will feel tons better at the end of the day! I haven't been for sheds lately, I did find a couple last years deer sheds while cat hunting yesterday. I hit Newton today for a couple hours and didn't catch any tigers or find any sheds either[laugh]!
[signature]
Yeah take some pics of some antlers you used that stuff on, and if you can remember the name of it too.
Thanks
[signature]
Nice find Matt. Wish work wasn't kickin my butt lately, I'd like to have joined you.
[signature]