Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uintahs 6-14
Was up on the Mirror Lake highway last night and this morning. Got a chance to fish the Bear River, by the Sulpher campground (near the top). The river looked great, the water wasn't too high or murky. Hit some nice holes, but I was surprised with the few number of fish I saw. Landed a couple 10 inch brookies, but that was it. I really fished some nice water, just don't know why there wasn't any fish. It was a nice camping trip with the family though.
[signature]
hey bee is that as far as you could make it or is the road open all the way yet

aquaman
[signature]
The road is open all the way across. Nice drive this time of year. A few patches of snow left, but for the most part it is all melted.
[signature]
thanx for the info been wanting to head up that way

aquaman
[signature]
the fish are not in the rivers up there like they use to be. i think alot of it is low water and freeze conditions. probably winter killing alot of fish. i have seen 3 lakes up there winter kill that i use to fish.
[signature]
Do you remember what lakes got the winter kill?? or are they all posted? I was just curious if any of my honey hole lakes up their survived!
[signature]
i had a few that winterkilled. im not sure if the dwr would have a list of year to year the likely hood of them winter killing. was too bad though cuz they had some nice hold over fish in them and pushing 1 and 2 lbs in a couple of lakes. i would call and find out if your lakes are still in good shape.
[signature]