Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redmond Resevior
I'm heading over to Redmond tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has been there lately and any tips or advise would be appreciated thanks
[signature]
Good luck down there. If you do a search on Redmond you will find LOTS of threads. It stays open all year so things stay pretty consistent. Take the time to search the forum and you will find all you need. My suggestion is to fish along the north shore with chub minnows but thats straight from the past threads.
[signature]
[frown] I was down there 2 weeks ago and things were very slow only caught 1 small pike and had a couple of other bits. There was a storm front moving through and it seemed that every thing was shut off. The water temp was down to 49 on the low and 52 on the high. It will have warmed up since then so I am guessing that it will be on again. Good Luck..
[signature]
I went up this morning and it was non stop wind not to bad at first just annoying, i had several bites and caught a carp but the wind was just getting to me maybe i'll try again tomorrow if the wind isn't blowing,

it looked like to me the only places to get to easily to fish from shore is the north or east side i hope to get my little boat fixed and take it out there this summer
[signature]
the best access to the best fishing is the north west side.. if you cought carp then your useing the wrong bait!! try whole chub minnows or anchovies.. the gunnison markit has them in a frezer.. or a lot of time's hollies pantry in slina has them as well.. dont forget the cable leders.. you will have a hard time catching a pike with out them..
[signature]
try using small 1" or 2" white jigs
[signature]
ok thanks i was using minnows, i'm coming from richfield so gunnison is a long drive to get there and back, i was told the pike like rancid hot dogs also, guess it won't hurt to try and might get a cat off of it to, i'm heading out later this afternoon
[signature]
hey aceman just stop at hollys get a bag of anchovies. fish a whole anchovie. put one three feet under a bober. and another one with an egg sinker right on the bottom. fish striaght out from the springs. i have caught them for twenty years on this system. good luck

PIKE MAN
GO FISH!!!!
[signature]
thanks for the info i stopped at holly's and got some anchovies, and worms, they don't have minnows any more i know i'll get something eventually i'll post pics when i do
[signature]