Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newton & Pineview Marathon ! (Report )
Went fishing with Nomoose today at Newton . I only caught 3 bass on lizard and jigs missed or lost more than landed . Nomoose caught a few more fish , but no muskies . Left around 1:00 pm .Thanks Nomoose for the tour of Newton and for the grub and company .

On my way home decide to cast some more at Pineview . Fished till 8:00 pm . Nailed 8 smallmouth bass , 1 nice bluegill , a crappie and a perch . Water has dropped another foot . Wish I had my muskie rod set up for this (edited he he ) skier that tried to wipe me out on my tube . no pics this week but it was a good day on the water . Fish are still in the shallows . Fished jigs , my favorite . No muskies that wanted to play where I was ,but I left early too .
[signature]
Too bad you didnot get that muskie today. It is hard to believe the water level is dropping already but since the fish-n-feed the water level at Willard has dropped close to three feet so I guess it is dropping every where. WH2
[signature]
I fished pinewiew Friday 7:30pm-9:30pm one muskie surfaced close to my brother inlaws lure but did not take it.

Correct me if I am wrong HA69, it seems like pineview has droped about 2' since it reached its peak.
[signature]
I would agree with you on that 2 foot . Lets see how many more weeks of drawing water out of Pineview ? Its kinda scary . Going to have a long hike to the ice this winter .
[signature]
well at least you caught some fish, me and polokid did not catch anything.
[signature]
I saw you guys at the dam and was going to come and see how you did when I got back from the upper end but you left just when I was comming back. Up around the middle of the lake the fishin was fair for bass. I nailed around 14 or so (full moon didn't help). Trolling shadraps and fat raps worked and then when I'd hook a bass I'd cast the plugs until they stopped biting then switched to plastic worms for several more. Only saw one "small" 28-30" musky and couldn't entice it.
[signature]
When we left the dam we went to the inlet for a short time .Passed you by I bet .Yea , you should of stopped and said hi . I should of got out on my tube , but they started water skiing and that lake is low and not to big of a water hole . Seen lots of small gills and bass close to shore but I was chasing bigger fish . I hooked into one that felt good size on a plastic lizard but it was able to get off . Never got to see it . May have been a big LMbass or muskie . I like that lake so I will be back .
[signature]
ok fishing was slow with randy but after he left we and wife went to a friends in logan until about 7:00pm then went back out fished until 1:00 am wife hooked 12 bass alll but 2 were onlky 12" but the others werer about 18" she loved it as for me I was after musky only I hook in to one about 10:30 and lost it right at my feet. it was only about 34" but lots of fun.(hope pic comes out)then about 12:00 I hooked in to what I thought was a small musky got it up to shore and wow I hooked a nice bass I'll bet it was 7 or 8lbs. it hit a 10" jake in fire tiger(that big one I had randy)what fun I put the bass back so you guy can get it. the water is real low up there I have only saw it lower one other time but that was in sept two years ago so I think that it will just be mud in about 6 weeks or so from the looks of it I'll bet it's only 20 feet deep at most so dwr may take off regs soon I'm going to call and talk to them about it.if you want to take a boat there need to hit it next week or so but if you have a tube lake will be all yours soon.
[signature]
Nomoose I think I just missed you guys. Didn't get out there until about 12:30 pm or so. Fished both sides of the dam with the kids and didn't get a bite. I think it was too hot. They got bored soon and so we left.
[signature]
So they do hit at night . Why didn't we just go there friday night ? LOL I still blame it on the full moon .
[signature]
Heading to Pineview Friday! Where is the best place to catch anything! I fished there there last year and parked just before the boat launch and swim beach. we had to walk a very long ways to get to the water. Not looking for a repeat of that. I like the catch the crappie, but will take anything willing to bite. I'm not too familiar with the lake, but know the area pretty well.
[signature]
I've been fishing the north arm where the old highway is flooded . If you go to Eden look for the road mark old highway and go down to the parking area . Its not to far of a walk on this side to the water . Fishing was hot around the marker buoys but water is dropping . I been fishing jigs but flies would work good there . Could catch anything too . Chartreuse has been the color up there , but fish the flooded brush or the edges of it . and don't be afraid to fish real close to shore . I nailed a 19" Largemouth only 5 ' from shore by the old highway . Most bank fishers are casting over some of the fish . I a rookie to this water but fishing it all spring has help because I know where the flooded brush is and a few christmas trees I took note of from the low water times . Its been awesome in a tube .

[Image: LOOM5874CustomImage0407284.jpg]
[signature]