Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halverson Lake - Take 2!
Well, since I had so much fun a week ago with the family at Halverson Lake, I decided to make another trek there. Man, I need to pick better days to go though. The wind was blowing like crazy again. I would cast far to the west in hopes of landing the line in a decent spot! I had the entire lake to myself which was no surprise considering the crummy weather. I am by no means a bass fisherman but did land about a dozen or so. I hooked in one good sized bluegill but it wiggled off at the last second or it would have been lunch!

Here are a few pics of the biggest I caught that day. It's about 13" long and was very healthy. I thought I was snagged but was surprised to have this one on the end of the line! I snapped some pics and released it for the next person. Most of the other bass were about 8-10" and a few smaller. All in all I had a great day. If I knew how to catch bass it would be even better. The trusty Rapala did the trick again. Some of the other pics are of the east end of the lake and another looking up the Snake River towards Swan falls. Nice country in its own sort of way.
[signature]
I think I'll have to try this place out when I am back in Boise in a couple weeks. I need to catch some bluegill. . . its been WAY too long.
[signature]
Nice report....I have always wanted to get down there and check it out...now maybe I will....how far of walk is it from where you park?

Thanks
Fishtoe
Fishtoe, if you drive past the visitor's center and go to the end of the road, the walk is only about 2/3 of a mile. If you take the long route around to the lake it's about a mile. Either way it is short and doesn't take much time at all. I don't park at the end but the next closest one. I take off and head east. You can't miss the lake, it's just below the rock cliffs and ledges. Good luck if and when you go. I might head out again this weekend, weather permitting.
[signature]
Halverson is one of my favorite fishing spots. Plastics always work well, especially since the place weeds out in warm weather. When it gets really hot the bass hit hard on top water. After several years on that pond I have caught loads of bass, yet it doesn't seem to produce any monsters. The positive side is that the hike through the desert turns away the crowds of people! Good cat fishing spots on the nearby Snake too.
[signature]
How do you get to Halverson Lake from Boise. When I was in highschool we ended up at Halverson Lake one day going in from Swan Falls. I remember the road was terrible and my poor little Mazda B2000 4x2 took a beating that day. That was 21 years ago.
[signature]
Been in that EXACT same situation and place. Mine was an extended cab. Was yours?[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]