Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WINNER...HOOKED FISHING TACKLE $10 PRIZE
[cool] [font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4]LEAKY IS THE WINNER...with a solid 10 points and the closest to the tiebreaker of 21. (He guessed 33)[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]Close behind was FB2, with a shaky 10...subject to some interpretation on #7. Since he guessed 139 on the tiebreaker, that was not an issue.[/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]Almost everyone who played got at least a 9. Aquaman, Curtisfish and Xman all got 9.5. I tried to be liberal in the interpretation for #7, but I hinted as broadly as I could...the answers were simply: speed & distance. [/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]Many of the other answers were subject to personal interpretation. I care not to get into a heavy debate here. This was all in fun, and hopefully I won't get any flaming PM's or emails. [/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]Honorable mention for creativity needs to go to IceFishingGod. I suspect he deliberately put himself out of contention...just to brag a little on past successful "fishing" trips. (he still got an 8.5)[/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]If you want to go back and review your answers, or anyone elses, here is the list of answers I submitted to BLM before we started the contest. (the game is officially over now. No edits beyond this time will count. Silly.)[/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]1. Round, U or V boats, Pontoons[/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]2. Swimming Fins[/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]3. Neoprene[/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]4. Float Tuber's "Distance" Cast[/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]5. E. All of the above.[/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]6. E. All of the above.[/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]7. Speed and Range (or distance). (sorry Xman, trolling speed just misses)[/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]8. B & H (arbitrary...right?)[/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]9. B (double deduction for all who missed it)[/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]10. E[/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]Thanks again to all who played. I will be happy to address any personal questions on tubing either by PM, or visit our float tubing board.[/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 4]TubeDude[/size][/#400040][/font]
[signature]
good going leaky

aquaman
[signature]
MY HE------L!!!!!!,

Yiiippiii-kiiyiii!!! Come on you guys, this is a big deal to me!!! I can count my winning anything on two fingers now. Got lucky!!!! Hey CurtisFish - see what waiting does???? Got back from the Gorge just in time for this.

I have one request. Let's make it an official assignment from Ut. to have Tube research and come up with the answer to largest fish caught from a float tube! Ok???

Thanks Tube for the humorous, fun contest!!!

[blush][Wink][Smile][shocked][sly][cool][cool]Leaky
Congrats Leaky !!!!!!!![cool]
[signature]
well my heck leaky, the one time i go higher that 37 and tht is what the number is, just got it this time, congrats.
[signature]
ya had to throw a fly fishing question in didnt you. haha. why couldnt you use a jig fishing term and give me a chance. that was a fun contest.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I hope everyone one had a good time with TubeDude's Float Tubing Trivia Quiz. Leaky, I'll be getting in touch with you and getting you hooked up with HFT at HOOKED to pick up your prize.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks to everyone who played and thanks to TubeDude for helping us out this month and coming up with a cool quiz.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Just a side note. We hit SF Bay today and caught two stripers with the largest going a little over 9 pounds and a nice 27" halibut on the drift with live bait. The bay was beautiful til about 1:00pm when the wind kicked up and the 3-4 ft rollers start coming across the bay. "The Boomerang" performed flawlessly. Headed out again tomorrow to chase the stripers and 'buts.[/size][/font]
[signature]
congrats leaky. Way to go
[signature]
Well done Leaky!!!! Happy shopping!

ES
[signature]
Congrats Leaky! I've tried to tell people that listening to me will produce nothing good. It's nice to be wrong once in a while. Enjoy the certificate. Think of me while you spend it.[Tongue]
[signature]

WAY TO GO LEAKY !!!!!
I will Have a certificate waiting for you.
[signature]
TD,

Thanks for giving me so much credit. I'm not only know as the IFG you know. But..........I won't expand.

IFG
[cool]Is it really true what I read about you on the restroom walls? And, did that refer to fishing prowess, or....?????

Hey, IFG, thanks for playing...and playing along. You can't beat fun.

TubeDude
[signature]