Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walleye Paul (Deer Creek)
Hey fish1on, I'm having internet connection problem and looks like I won't be on BFT until I get it fixed. Would you pass on my report that I went to Deer Creek saturday and only managed 4 walleyes all day. The full moon was the night before, which explains slow fishing. I ran into Walleye Bob, he reports no walleyes for him, that's a surprise cuz he always gets his eyes. Thanks for passing this on for me. Walleye Paul
[signature]
Well, I did manage to get some finally. Two little ones by the island and two bigger fish up on the flats. Caught the two biggest ones and a small one on a big white Tube Dude jig with a 4" chartreuse tail. Caught the other one on a Lindy Rig. Biggest fish was 22". Caught her in 8' of water.
Walleye have scattered early this year. I caught fish from 8' to 26' deep.
I went back up on Sunday and caught a 19 1/2" fish on my second cast. My buddy caught a 20 1/2" eye on his fourth cast and released it. He figured on getting a bigger one over 20". He didn't catch another walleye all day. But late in the afternoon, he did get a big Perch. Icaught one more eye. Caught all three eyes on jigs and 4" tails. Got the Perch on a Lindy Rig.
Water temp was up to 68 in the afternoon, but the big afternoon wind didn't turn on the eyes like usual. I'm going with the full moon excuse also, cuz early morning was best, and thats unusual for Deer Creek this time of year.

walleyebob
[signature]