Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie here!!!!
Hello all, I am from NW ohio(Van Wert county) Looking forward to learning alot on this site. Looks very informative. I am married to a beautiful/Wonderful woman and have 5 children, I am a Police Officer by profession although currently i am awaiting back surgery from blowing out my L4/L5 L5/S1...........Even though i am gimped up right now i can still fish...........Been fishing for several years, Would not consider myself that good at it but i am hoping to improve this season.[fishin]
[signature]
hiya remoc and welcome..

when you are out chasing those bass what type of setup do you prefer to use (bait, spin, fly)??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Well actually i have never done alot of bass fishing, I have a Abu Garcia 5500C on the way that i am gonna try and get good with(as soon as i find the right rod) I use a Mitchell spinner now but really want to give the baitcaster a good shot, I know it's gonna take some practice but i have been told once u get the hang of it you will never go back to a spinner???? I guess i will find out.[Smile]
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][#005028]Hi there remoc & welcome to our membership. Really hurts when those L disc gets messed up. BTW here is a link to your home state's forum[/#005028] [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?category=46"]OHIO[/url] .
[signature]
not sure about the never go back part.. my son in law MacLarry uses both .. I will say he seems to perk up a bit more going for bass with a baitcaster.. but he is just as comfortable with a spinning rig.. you may want to check out the fly fishing forum to see if you may want to give that a shot..

MacFly
[signature]
well not sure on the never go back part.. my son in law, MacLarry, uses both depending on what he is chasing at the time.. I will say he seems to perk up a bit when chasing bass with a baitcaster.. but that could just be my imagination..

maybe you could stop by the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=69"]fly fishing forum[/url] to see if you might want to give that a try.. that is the one that can be addicting.. [Smile]
[signature]