Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
line dancer
has any one tried the line dancer as seen on the adds on this sight? It seems to me that there would be lots of problems with the line becoming loose on the spool and creating problems.
[signature]
Use your finger to try it out on your spinning rod. Just run the line through your finger up next to your rod and it will perform the same action. It does give you more action but nothing you cant do without it.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"]I bought ‘em. But I haven’t had the chance to use ‘em because the weather’s been so temperamental. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]I had some concerns about increasing line twist, and it wasn’t addressed in their FAQ’s, so I wrote’em on a weeknite at 7P. They responded in 30 minutes. Totally impressive.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Your question is actually the opposite of mine; I was thinking that because the LD hook that the line rides thru is so near the spool, it would inhabit the natural LOOSE-winding onto the spool that occurs when the line is merely passing thru the rod guides.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]They said several others had written with the same concern, and that it’s a non-issue.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Why don’t you write em?[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Wish I could tell you more, but, yes, we have weather coming in again this weekend…[/font]
[signature]
I have not used the Line Dancer but I would like to tell a true story that makes me believe it could make a difference at times.

When I was in high school some friends and I went backpacking to a small mountain lake. When we arrived at the lake my friend realized his rod was at home leaning against the house by his front door. But, he did have his reel. I remembered from previous trips to this lake that there were pieces of a broken telescoping fishing pole on the other side of the lake. I went and got that pole and removed a guide. With that guide, his reel, some twine, a green willow stick, and my trusty pocket knife I fashioned a crude fishing pole for him. However, as clever as it was, the reel did not point at the guide correctly. It was a little cocked to one side and the result was that when he reeled in the line it kind jerked and pulsed, just like the Line Dancer would cause your line to do. He couldn't cast real far with that stick but on this lake it didn't matter. Honestly, with that crappy little stick pole he seriously out fished us all that day. We were using a fly and bubble and I really believe that the jerky motion introduced by that contraption made a huge difference. The flies probably looked like a bug swimming. He knocked them dead all day long. Unbelievable!

Because I witnessed this, and the Line Dancer does the same thing, I do believe at times the Line Dancer could improve the catching.
[signature]
I tried it and not impressed. Maybe I will try it again some time. [:p]
[signature]