Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pine View tips?
I asked for some tips about where to fish and what to use on Pine View yesterday, but I really didn't say what I was targeting and if I was fishing from a boat or shore. So we are mostly gonna be trying for Crappie and Tigers, and we will be fishing from a boat. So if you have any tips on where to fish and what to use, It would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
I usually use a small jig for the crappie. I like the chartreuse or white below a bobber, jigged or dragged behind the boat. The tigers, I am not sure since I haven't caught one yet.[cool] The jig will also get the perch as well.
[signature]
Hey thanks man I really appreciate it. I am only fifteen and it means a lot that you helped me out!
[signature]
Tigers will be around but the bite won't near as good until the water warms up.

Now, if you're going to try for Tigers my recommendation is possibly have a rod/reel setup for them with line appropriate for catch'n them. I use superbraid rated at 40#.

You can catch them with a Crappie setup and mono but odds are if you haven't caught one before with mono they'll bust the line and off they go. Plus folks with mono have a tendency to overfight the fish exhausting it especially not good in warm water temps as this over fighting the fish leads to a higher Tiger mortality rate. Tackle try chucking crank baits like Rapalas and also work spinners.

OBTW in case you don't know and if you do hook into a Tiger...new DWR regulations as of last year July any Tiger caught at Pineveiw and/or Newton must be immediately released. Good luck and have fun. [Smile] [Smile]
[signature]
Tigers can be had this time of year but they are tough. If you use musky gear, slow moving baits are key. They are likely going to be in and around the crappies looking for an easy meal. If it were me I'd fish where the water flows into Pineview or any flooded willows.
[signature]