Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spinning Reel with an AUDIO and VISUAL alarm!

Hi TubeDude,

I saw a product listed yesterday in one of the major tackle publications. It's the Mitchell Full Runner 600 spinning reel. It has both a built-in audio and LED alarm system that senses a fish's strike and operates on a battery lasting 2 years.

This is the first non-12V battery one I've seen! No cords no nothing. For the visually impaired or the nappers this might be the deal. Costs about 40 bucks + shipping.

You know I don't have any financial interest in the company. I just wondered how many of then you already have and do they work??? ha ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Hey, JR, that's a nifty idea...for some folks and some applications. The audible alarm and the visual flashing would be useful for bait fishing or for trolling.

It would be especially helpful for the visually or hearing impaired, who like to "chuck and chance it" while bank fishing. I know I have soaked bait for long periods between bites on occasions when I could have used a break in my constant attention... lest I miss a rare opportunity.

[url "http://store1.yimg.com/I/billstackle_1741_3749537"][Image: billstackle_1737_53934162][/url]

I'll have you know that I currently do not own even one of these cute new gadgets. My fishing is a bit more active...usually. I still have enough of my senses left to detect at least a hard strike on one of my lures. However, when I check into the "home"...and deflate my donut dinghy for the last time...I may be a customer.

I REALLY look forward to sitting on the bank of the local urban lakes with all the other old fudds...soaking worms and swapping tales of "the good old days". Heck, some of my stories might even be true. Having a "reminder" reel would be just like having a wife along, without the nagging. (No offense, TubeBabe)

TubeDude
[signature]