Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yellburt, nick, crappie, 5-1-09, friend from work
waited till storms passed this morning before taking off an did the right thing .went to hole number one,an my friend threw out his first cast an caught one.i thought it was going to be a piece of cake.well it was a little tougher than i thought it would be.being a new student of this crappie thing ,i think the with it being overcast that the specs were scattered away from the cover.they were not holding tight to the structure as last week .we moved around alot,finally ended up with 21 keepers,catching in all around 40.they came on all colors,my friend fished an albino shad all day with me jumping from color to color an it did not make a difference ,they were not real crazy about any one color.i tried them all.we had three big-uns the rest just 10 to 14inches.we saw a guy that was bass fishing with a spinner-bait,well we he went by us the second time he showed us one of the six crappie that he had caught an i said that looks like it is at least 15 inches long,he laughed an said try 17 an 1/2 inches long,,,,,on a spinner-bait.wow. we were getting them on the 7 count an like i said they were here an there.cant wait for drumking to tell me what i could have to catch more.since they were not holding on the structure,i was kind of fishing blind........not much different than any other day that i fish ...lol.also my friend had threw out an i told him it was time to go an he said ,wait till i get this one in an we can leave.i thought that was great ,he caught one on the FIRST AN LAST CAST...A GREAT DAY....emoUSA