Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
going out tonight to catalina
how was the bite at catalina?? today
[signature]

Hey there rambojr,

I'm interested too! I'm going out tomorrow morning for those YT and WSB!

JapanRon
[signature]
Hello JR and RamboJr,

I heard that the bite was on fire, How'd ya do?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
It's mostly the overnight boats that are getting all the seabass. they are getting them at grey-light, the early morning bite. the 3/4 day boats are pickin away at them. every once-in-awhile, they'll get into a wide open bite.

I was talking to aaron and he said that when he was working the victory, he saw a whole school of 25-30 yellows surrounding the boat just a bout 15 feet from it. nobody could hook them though! Rediculous!

joe
[signature]

Hi theangler,

The bite is just crazy at Catalina right now but the boats making the counts are the overnighters, sixpacs, and charterboats. Some boats 100+ WSB.

Two days on the 3/4 day Pierpoint back to back, it was close to a fish a cast for some of us all day long. Hungry Calicos everywhere, Barracuda charging every 20 minutes and Yellows breezing constantly. 3 yellows lost today alone!!!

Jigs, softbaits, and bait (anchovies and sardines) you name it they bit!!

Limit for White Sea Bass is now 3 fish per rod! Go tomorrow if you can.

JapanRon
[signature]
I dont think there are any sardines at the bait receivers right now. oh well, anchovies are getting bit really good right now!

joe
[signature]

Hey there DH tubinjoe,

The Victory and the Pierpoint often use the same bait receiver. I think we got our sardines yesterday because they were mixed in with the anchovies. I'd say out of 30-40 scoops there were about 3 or 4 scoops worth of sardines.

Truth is, some guys soaked a sardine for quite a while but just couldn't get the yellows or even barracuda to bite! ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
oh. they go to sammy, the old scruffy guy, for their bait then. the pursuit, the boat i work on, goes to bill's bait. they said that they are getting straight chovies. but thats what the fish are eating. so all is good.

joe
[signature]