Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6-16-03
[mad][red][size 2] Went out to Willard today after work for some Wiper action and did I ever get the action. First I want to tell you all to be very careful around the center boat ramp on the South Marina. Today it was nothing more than an oil slick, and to prove this you must see my prop. Trash.[/size][/red]

[#ff0000][size 2] I started to back my boat into the water, I was about half way there when I started to use a little brake to slow down and I wasn't slowing down. I realized that I was sliding towards the water rather quickly. I had both feet on the brake pedal and just waited for the end . The boat trailer jackknifed on me and ended up off the ramp and into the rocks on the side. Ruined my Prop no other damage that I could see. So remember be careful out there.[/size][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][size 2] Oh and by the way No fish toady just a lot of nasty wind.[/size][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]
That is good information to know since I am going up today and I was planning on using the south marina. Bummer there was no fish to be caught, I think we have all been there before!
[signature]
Sorry to hear about your bad luck and no fish to boot. How long did you fish and where did you fish? Did you find anyone to report the problem with the ramp to? It sounds like someone must have dumped a lot of two stroke gas on the ramp, bummer. WH2
[signature]
I would imagine the other two boat ramps are in good shape to launch from on the south marina, it was just the middle ramp???
[signature]