Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Res.
Has anyone been up to see what the ice off situation is like up a Strawberry? Is it all gone now? I was hoping I hadn't missed the opportunity for this weekend.

Thanks!!
[signature]
We are thinking of Monday so if you go this weekend, please give a shout. I do know there is allot of open water.
[signature]
I will most likely be there tomorrow unless a last minute plan comes through to a different destination. I'll post up tomorrow night if I go.
[signature]
Looks like we made a change and are thinking Saturday. Got to break in those new rides!!!! ARGH!
[signature]
i tubed the ladders sunday morning and did pretty good. got 3 cutts and 3 bows all over 18 inches. there was only an area of 300 yds by 100 yds of open water. get rained and snowed on a little, but the fish made up for it
[signature]
I have now heard all of the ice is gone, except for a few floating pieces here and there. Can anyone validate this for me before this weekend please?
[signature]
Consider it confirmed. Small portions of ice around, but for all intents and purposes, the ice is gone. You could launch a boat and cruise around at will.

Fishing was slow this morning. Ended up taking off because I was tired of dealing with the constant wind. Only landed one 17" bow. Conditions weren't ideal for fly fishing with the strong winds, but it's nice to get out anyway. Good luck this weekend for those going!
[signature]
Hey flygoddess,
I was heading out to Strawberry. I'm off all next week (11-15 May) I haven't fished an ice off before. Let me know if your headed out there, I'd like to get some pointers from you.

Thanks

Jack
[signature]
Due to unexpected plans, we are back to original of hitting it Monday.
I will be sure and report, okay?
[signature]
Saw a picture of the new boat. I think I got the swine flu just looking at it the thing is so sick!
[signature]
Waited and saved every penny for that thing.
[signature]