Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocky Mountain PFA
Let me first start by saying I am not a big fan of Rocky Mountain PFA, nothing against it but small and crowded especially the "Trophy Lake" or Heath Lake,nevertheless since local waters Coosa river surrounding lakes and backwaters are out of their banks and look like a cup of coffee with more creamwer than coffee,A buddy and I decided to tackle it today. We left this morning right as daylight approached not yet deciding on which of the PFA lakes to fish.When we got there being that a monsoon was going on with high winds there was not a boat on the Trophy lake,so we paid our 3.00 bucks and hit the water.Well apparently the higher bass fishing powers loved us today,before I forget these lakes never get muddy.There is a slot limit on lake 14-20 inches have to be released, not that we were going to keep any. The Water Temp was approaching 70 in most places give or take 2 degreess, we fished about 4 hrs caught 17 LM Bass 4 were under 10in but the other decent or good with 5 best: 5.2,4.12,4.4,4.1,3.8. 21lb stringer all but one of these biggest were caught on #5 shad rap other on creature bait shad pattern and watermelon creature nothing trick, bass done betted out, caught fish on stickups and points 3-6 ft water.So I'm a fan for now. We had the lake to ourselves all day I guess sometimes if you brave the conditions outside youa re rewarded, all the bass were released unharmed and all weighed indivudually as caught. I would love to say I knew what I was doing today, but the bass were just hungry!!!
Good Fishing.
The lakes are located in Rome,GA [Wink]
[signature]