Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SKUNKED AT DEER CREEK!!! AAUUUGGGHH
AGAIN!!!!! WENT ON SUNDAY, 6-15-03 AKA FATHERS DAY, SAT ON NORTH SHORE OF ISLAND FISHED JIGS, WORMS, POWER BAIT, TURBO DOUGH, FLYS, RAPALAS, SPINNERS, EVEN THE FEW ABOVE MENTIONED THAT COULD BE USED UNDER A SLIP FLOAT FOR ADDED DISTANCE ON THE CAST, AND ALL I GOT WAS LAUGHED AT BY THE HUGE CARP SWIMMIN PAST ME ALL DAY, AND A SUNBURN AND A WASTED 12 PACK OF BUD LIGHT. WELL NOT WASTED, BUT USED AND ABUSED AS FAR AND POUNDING IN FRUSTRATION. WILL TRY MY TUBE NEXT WEEKEND ALREADY HAVE PLANS FOR SATURDAY, AND THE FULL MOON PROBLY DIDNT HELP LAST WEEKEND. SO CHEERS AND BEERS TO BETTER DAYS AND MOONLESS NIGHTS, WOO HOOO!!!

LATERS,
[signature]
[cool]Where have you been, Bro? You been away so long the fish don't recognize you.

You might have a good excuse with that moon thing. It worked for me. And I know a lot of pretty good fisherfolk around the country all had less than stellar reports for the weekend past.

Let's hope the fish run out of excuses and start biting again.

TubeDude
[signature]
well the moon did not affect me but yet i was a day later and i had a bow, huh, mabye it was the whole bow thing. by the way i got 5 carp in 4 hours, pretty slow.
[signature]
[cool]Sticking fish with an arrow is called "force-feeding". Another version of that is snagging. I've been known to employ both methods on carpkind myself.

When the other fishies get lockjaw, you have to have some kind of excuse. Being able to blame it on the moon, the barometer, or anything else other than poor technique is our only way to salvage our mighty macho image when we report back to other fishermen. Fortunately, other fishermen will usually nod and agree. They have to...if they expect us to sympathize with them when they blank too.

TubeDude
[signature]