Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need fish lake campground & primitive camping information
can anyone help us in finding either 1) a place close to fish lake to wilderness camp in the forest (is it allowed), or 2) the closest tent campground to fish lake?

thanks alot!

sm
[signature]
Hey southernman,

It looked like to me there is a place before the lake,about 2 mile away,right before you enter fish lake national forest,If your going after the 4th,I will let you know what I find,they are stricted around the lake and for miles around it.we had to camp at Johnson lake camp ground,we where in a trailer though.

TIGHT LINES

Tony[cool]
[signature]
no we're going the week before the 4th..... is this place a spot to freely pitch camp, or a commecial/national park service campground?

thanks man!

sm
[signature]

hey SM

I know there are quite a few places with in 2-3 miles of the main lodge to camp in campgrounds. The best one is probably macinaw they have showers and restrooms and plenty of shade. there is also lakeside resort they rent out for 20 a night and are mostly ment for RVs and have very little shade. there is also doctor creek, bowery haven, frying pan and a couple of others. As far as primitive you can find places to camp on the Mytoge mountain road, there are

a few cabins right as you get off the road but after about 1/2 to 1 mile down there are places to camp right off the roadway. I also beleive the is primitive camping out by pelican point though that can be a rough road. I also know a little bit further up the road the is a road that takes off Johnsons Res that will take you down a dirt road called Sevenmile and it will follow sevenmile creek it is a pretty good road you could talk a cadalac over it. and the fishing in the creek is exellent. I know they are doing constuction on that road but I believe it is down alot further by where the roads Joins up with I-70 from what I hear that route will be paved all the way from I 70 to fishlake with in a year or so.

Any more questions let me know my aunt and uncle run the lodge and lakeside store there so I can probably find almost any thing out.

Blu
[signature]
you are the man! thanks alot - both me & the guy that needs this info desperately will benefit molto!

sm
[signature]