Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Cutler reservoir
well Yesterday I didn't quite know where to go fishing. The Logan river is still very high and Newton has been slow lately so I decided to try Cutler Reservoir for the first time. I used the good old fashioned worm bobber combo, and I had a pretty good time. Was there for about 3-4 hours and hooked into some big ones that actually broke my line. (I fish a light spinning reel combo because I'm used to fishing for trout in streams as well as perch and other panfish) so I might want to invest in a bigger pole [:/] anyways, they are biting there, in fact shortly before I left I noticed a family was pulling in bass and bullheads from the shore. so if Mantua Newton or Hyrum are disappointing you, go try out Cutler.
[signature]
Sounds like fun. The bigger rig would probably be a good idea. I've seen some big ones come out of there.
[signature]
what species were you catching?
[signature]
Bullheads, carp, bass but I am pretty sure I may have had a trout on at one point, I know that I saw them jump around during one point
[signature]
Cutler is pretty fun! Were the Bass LM or SM or both? You only need to size up the line in my opinion 12 llb Berkley Fireline(braided) will get you past a 25llb fish in there! My 6' ugly stick does a good job with trout and BIG kitties or carp! I will admit I pack 5 rods all different sizes and line to ensure no loss. Thanks for sharing!
Keep Smilin![cool]
MA
[signature]
Can't go wrong with an Ugly Stick! My favorite rods.

Never fished Cutler, I may have to head over there soon.
[signature]
the bass were largemouth
[signature]
can I ask where do you fish cutler?
[signature]