Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
220'' Mule Deer Mount
Hi Ya'll,
I found this set of deer horns when we were helping some neighbors clean up and old shed when they were moving. They weren't sure where they originally came from, but they thought it came from Idaho as that is where they moved from prior to moving to Utah. They didn't want them and there was no way I was throwing them away so I grabbed them. They were quite faded and had a couple of broken points. After they sat in our garage for a few years my dad decided to see if he could get the broken points fixed and have it mounted. He thought he did his homework on choosing a good taxidermist, but when we got it back the points he fixed didn't look good at all. Other than that the taxidermy work looked great. Anyways, the question I have is how much do you think I could sell this for? It has just been hanging in our garage and we don't have any sentimental value attached to the deer. It is an awsome buck and would look great hanging on a wall for someone to admire. If ya'll have any suggestions let me know. Thanks ahead of time! Oh ya, I rough scored it at right under 220'' gross, it is a 10x10, and has an outside spread of 33''. The ends of the back two points on the right antler are the ones that were reconstructed.
[signature]
I think you could probably get a couple grand out of it. Check Ebay and KSL and see what trophy mule deer heads are going for and you will have you answer.
Nice buck for sure!
[signature]
Here's one on Ebay for $2500, your head is bigger than this one too.

[url "http://cgi.ebay.com/MULE-DEER-SHOULDER-MOUNT-NICE-EXTRA-LARGE-antlers_W0QQitemZ120255491647QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1bffc92e3f&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116"]http://cgi.ebay.com/MULE-DEER-SHOULDER-MOUNT-NICE-EXTRA-LARGE-antlers_W0QQitemZ120255491647QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1bffc92e3f&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116[/url]
[signature]
Thanks for the help. I had looked at several on Ebay. The thing I'm wondering is with the two points that were rebuilt that look bad do you still think I could get that much? Mabey you can't tell very well in the pics the ones that have been fixed up. I guess I can list it for what I'd like to get and if I don't get it I can lower the price.
[signature]