Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever notice...
...how much the design of a "V" float tube looks like this?

http://myfactoryrep.com/InfoSheets/image...oat-16.JPG

Maybe it was obvious to everyone right away, but to me it was interesting when it dawned on me.
[signature]
Never really thought about it but thanks for pointing out the obvious! It makes too much sense. Damm enginerds, why do they have to be so smart!
[signature]
That is the main reason I went with my new boat.
I had a Pontoon boat and it was fantastic, no complaints. But then I got the Navigator II which is a 9' V tube with oars and motor mount.
I found out the the V design acts more as one on ruff water. Less turning/drifting and they seem to move much quicker with oars or flippers.

But now I have the Outlaw X5. Ten foot long and larger diameter toon.
And with this I can turn the frame around and I have a zodiak

[Image: x5.jpg]

Or turn the frame the other way and I have a regular open front pontoon.

[Image: IMG_1130.jpg]

Plus the fact that I have one and my Hubby has one, we can put both frames on the Toon and have a two man.

[Image: avenger12.jpg]
[signature]
awesome.. is this what they call trifecta boat rigging??[laugh]

MacFly[laugh]
[signature]
yes I did and so did this crazy ass lady that was
walking by when I was at the castaic lagoon and she just
went crazy on it........oh may got its like a little boat........
well, after like 5 min. she got over it and went on her
way.
It was just weard.
laters Peter.
[signature]
Ha, that's funny.

When I first inflated my 420 in the house, my older son (3yo) was like "wow daddy, I like your boat". Then he and my younger one started climbing inside. They would sit facing the point (backwards to a tuber). At first I was like "what? no, the other way" and then it hit me.
[signature]
Now if you can figure out how to sit comfortably toward the point, you could even add a motor....LOL
[signature]
Kids, they see the simple things some times. It's funny you say that my 3yo turned it into a dolly boat in about 5 min. Takes the manlyness out it in a hurry. Fish hunting machine to baby boat in seconds. At least she is interested.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Now if you can figure out how to sit comfortably toward the point, you could even add a motor....LOL[/quote]

Riiiiight! In fact, fold the seat down and slip a motor-mount plate between the cushions, then hold the trolling motor in place with your, uh, tail. But if you ever stood up ...
[signature]