Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek SLOW/ Farmington Pond
Hit Deer Creek today had to work for the fish today. Caught 3 walleye and 2 smallmouth, fished from 8:30 to 1:30. Fish were caught in 17 to 25 feet on a bottom bouncer with lindy rig and a leech. Tried jigging the points nothing, all fish were caught out by the flats. Fished the flats for a little while nothing. Tough day at Deer Creek.

[Image: poncho_6957.jpg]

[Image: poncho_6958.jpg]

Fished Farmington yesterday morning caught 10 or 12 trout. All were 10 to 14 inches. Caught on a orange rooster tail.
[signature]
Nice Eyes! I was up there last night 6:00pm-10:00pm,hammerd the samllies on 4 inch grubs fishing them very slow of the rocks.Didn't try for walleyes.
[signature]
maybe on the slow days just make sure you're wearing your lucky fishing hat . .

sm
[signature]
It's obvious to me that he's caught all the walleyes that are in Deer Creek. The lake is officially fished out now, and he'll have to go to somewhere else like Utah Lake for his walleye fix.

Just kidding. Nice fish, poncho.
[signature]
I hope it's not fished out, i like that lake. Most of my walleyes go back so i can catch them again. There's just me and my wife here so we don't need alot of fish, just a few. But we do like to eat walleye. I would like to fish utah lake it's alot closer but theres just something about being in the middle of the lake in 5 feet of water, just can't get comfortable. And not knowing anything about the lake doesn't help. But if everyone want's to believe Deer Creek is fished out that's ok, i think people are giving up on the walleye there were very few boats out today.
[signature]
sounds like better walleye success than i have had, where can you buy leeches, the sporstsmans in provo does not have them
[signature]
I got my leeches at sportsmans warehouse in midvale.
[signature]
Poncho,

The last study of Deer Creek estimated over 8000 15" or greater walleye. They are currently doing another study on walleye in the lake if you catch a taggged fish please keep the tag and get the vitals on the fish and the location you caught it and report those findings to the DWR. The main forage or Deer Creek walleye is carp fry. Try using a bronze colorado spinner blade on our bouncer this fall and you will have good success. I will post this graph on Utah walleye activity. The next lake to go hot for walleye will be Starvation. Good luck.

[url "http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/pescadorutahv/vwp?.dir=/&.dnm=Walleye+Chart.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t"][Image: __hr_Walleye+Chart.jpg?bcfid8.AuK7RyGYx][/url]
[signature]
I saw the sign at the boat ramp about the study on the walleye. Haven't caught one with a tag yet but if i do i will report it. As for Starvation the walleye probably won't see me much, way to far unless i go for the weekend and camp.
[signature]
Nice catch as always! I ned to learn how to use the riggs that you use. Plus just fishing is always a blast.
[signature]
[Tongue]If that constitutes a slow day for walleye, I'll take a slow day all year long! During the summer, I catch good numbers on Starvation. Any of yours could probably eat 2 of my normal catch. Enjoy the fresh water as long as you can. I'll have to join you for some Yellowtail when you get settled in down south. I used to have a time share on Coronado. One week a year of bliss. I envy you. I hope you'll still visit once in a while, even if it's just online.
[signature]
I have to admit Deer Creek has spoiled me i'm not used to catching just 3 walleye there. I'm going back home to Kansas for a week over the 4th, and i'm going to try to get my buddy to take me to my favorite walleye lake of all. It used to be called Wolf Creek but the county took over the maintanence on it and it's now called Coffey County lake, it's the cooling pond for Wolf Creek nuclear plant. When it was first built it was closed to fishing for probably 25 years. About 6 or 7 years ago it opened to fishing with strict limits. It was full of big fish walleye, strippers, wipers, crappie, white bass, catfish. It was nothing to catch 30 to 50+ walleye in a day, when they fisrt opened it to fishing you could keep one walleye over 27inches and all the other fish had similar limits. Last time i was home it was closed to fishing for security after 9-11 but i heard it's open now, so all i have to do is get my buddy to get his boat out and take me. I haven't fished it for over 2 years now, can't wait.
[signature]
If anyone wants to waste time fishing Farmington Pond, try a white 'jake's' with red stripes. I have had a lot of success with this.
[signature]
Welcome to the board Moby _dick. Look forward to reading other posts from you.
[signature]