Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companys Pond Layton
I was wondering if there are many people that fish this pond. It is also know as other names but it is just east of valley view golf course in layton. Lots of large mouth bass

Trent
[signature]
I've never put much effort into fishing it, but when I lived in Layton, I saw some good sized LMB being taken out of there by guys fishing with just some lead and a nightcrawler. It's a quiet little spot, but the access to the water (if I remember right it is shore fishing only) is a bit limited.

Justin
[signature]
that's true. I was hoping to go fly fish it. Give it a try with some top water poppers and see what I can stir up

Trent
[signature]
hey trent should have asked me about it the other day that I was in there. the pond is called holmes creek not companys I'm sure. I fished it a lot over the year like about 20 years. It's a great little lake to fish. You can hook LM bass bluegill,crappie,carp,walleye,and mudcats mostly you hook bass or gills there. the crappies are big if you can find them. there are some real big bass in there I have seen them up to 10 lbs but the bigest I've hooked is only 8 out of there and I put her back. if you want to hit it with a fly pole try down by the dam you have more room to cast. HIt it with a long spinning pole for the best fun. make a day out of it the first few times and walk the whole lake Because you can fish all kinds of stuff like drop offs, timber,pads,weed lines,flats,and more this lake has it all.the only bad thing about this lake is no tubes or boats. let me know if you want to go I'll meet you up there some time.
[signature]
So can you catch the bass on a bobber and worm does that work?

Never had a chance to eat a Large mouth, I would like to try it.

Thanks,

Tyler
[signature]
You talking about the pond off of valley view or hill field road moose? I have heard people call it so many things but the water conservancy calls it companies pond if your talking about the one next to valleyview. Heck i love that pond if anyone one wants to go hit it let me know.
[signature]
hey x-man if you want to hit it next week some time let me know

chris
[signature]
I'mn withya Chris[Wink]
[signature]
Is this the Homes creek resevoir that is in the publication "community fishing"? Heres the directions they give; turn west off of highway 89 onto Gentile street (just south of 1200N). Does this sound like the same place?

Al
[signature]
In the dwr publication for community fishing it's called Holmes Creek Pond. I have been up there several times lately, and haven't seen a thing. There isn't even anything jumping or surfacing. I have had much difficulty fishing there--any tips???
[signature]
yeah i might do that after work one day.
[signature]