Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wondering about the SF Snake River
I drive by it every day either to go to school or to go to work but i was wondering if anyone has been out there since the water has been lowered.? If yo uhave how was the fishing and are they still hitting big nymphs? Thanks
[signature]
I was on the river saturday from 4pm til 7pm above wolf flats. The water had a little color but not to bad. The fishing was somewhat slow, only caught 3, but missed several. We were able to get strikes on almost anything (wooly buggers, panther martins, worms, helgies, rapalas, etc.). We didn't try a large rubber legs nymph. The flows are only slightly above normal summer flows. It was great to be on the river again.
[signature]
Talked to a couple of friends who floated below Wolf on Saturday, water was about 1200cfs. They reported fishing was great. Used most anything subsurface. Some bigger streamers as well. Hoping the water stays down for a month or so. No report on water color, but should be clearing up. Might be a good spot this weekend with everyone headed north (IP and Henry's
[signature]