Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
south platte (dream stream CO)
hit the dream stream today. started below spinney, hook, and had to the net, the biggest rainbow i have ever caught on my fly rod. the second i went to put it into the net, well its head was the only thing that would fit, he popped my 7X tippet, man i was almost in tears i swear. so i decided to start moving since the water was so low, something like 63CFS, and figured i blew that entire hole out since he ran me up and down the shore like 15 times. the wind picked up around 1pm, but i kept going. i went below the foot bridge/weir and hooked and landed and 8 pounder! take a look at the pic and have a good laugh, i tell you what, on a 5 weight, nothing beats that kind of fight.
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Hey kochanut - nothing wrong with catching a carp, unless you had a sign on your fly stating "trout only". lol That dude appears to be as long as your the first section of the rod. BTW what was the pattern?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
hey dry rod, i honestly dont know. i was flipping over rocks before i went to the shop, and noticed the little brown worms, almost like a caddis pupa or something, so i picked up a few of these. the rainbow hit a 24 baetis on top by the way
[signature]
sounds like a good day on the water to me.. even if you dont have proof for that rainbow.. [sly] ....

MacFly [cool]
[signature]