Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
?????
I want to know anything and everything that my fellow tubers do to get around, catch fish, and save themselves from fatigue. any input would be nice. i know this is a very broad topic, but try.

joe
[signature]
By "get around" I am assuming that you refer to moving on the water. I am now using a pontoon craft with oars. When I want to seriously change locations or get somewhere quick, I just row. I find that it saves my legs for "trolling" with fins when I get to the place I want to work over. I also will carry a Snickers, or granola bar in my bag along with a small bottle of liquid (water, juice, etc) in case I need some more energy.

As far as fatigue and cold go, I find that I get much more tired and much colder if the fish aren't cooperating. I don't get that tired if the fishing is good. I'm too busy catching fish to notice anything else, probably the adrenaline.

It is usually on the drive home that the fatigue hits me. I'll have a coke or mountain dew along with a bunch of snacks to keep me awake on the drive home if I'm driving for more than 2 hours. Ideally, if I was going to fish more than 3 hours away, I would make a camping trip out of it. That way, I can fish all day, sleep there, and fish a little in the morning, then come home.

The other thing I try to bring if I know fatigue may enter into the equation is a buddy. I enjoy fishing, but it is alot more fun when there is someone to brag . . . er . . . "talk" to.

Hopefully, I answered your question.

ES
[signature]
well here is what i do for movemant,(i have a donut) i like to lean back and "power paddle" this takes a lot of energy but it gets me were i want to fish a lot faster, then i will lean forward or just sit up strait and just cruise around. do not forget to bring plenty of water, you never know when you might run out. i carry two liters in my back pouch along with some raing gear that is rolled up, that way i am prepared for anything. i also carry a small head lamp in my back pouch in a plastic bag so it dont get wet, you never know when you might be caught up in the action and it gets dark before you realize it. in warm weather light breathable waders are good, but i usually go without, but if it is cold water, you will want to layer and wear neoprene waders to keep you warm.hope i could help you, even a little bit.
[signature]
[cool]Some good input from EmuScud and FB2 already. All I can say is that with the Caddis VI, you need a good set of fins and a good set of legs. AFter that it is conditioning and eating properly to maintain energy...and not put yourself at risk for overworking and muscle spasms.

Sounds like you are getting more serious about perfecting your tubing skills. Send me a PM if you are interested, and I will forward you a few of the chapters of my book to help you get a better feel for what you can do to get more enjoyment out the sport...and to catch more fish.

To try to learn everything on your own can take years. With a little help from the other tubers on the boards, you can get a lot farther a lot faster.

T hanks, everyone for pitching in.

TubeDude.
[signature]
Knowing where the fish are helps out a lot . That way you can walk as close as possibly to the fish . I been getting more in shape by tubing more this year .Fighting the wind can be good exercise too , just make sure it will blow you back to shore . The more you do it the better shape you will be and more distance you can do . I got some new fins to check out this weekend . Just can't wait !!!!!!!!! May even try a pond after work tomorrow .
[signature]
alrighty. thanks guys for all the input. I just wanted to know if what i did is what everybody else was doing and i wasnt doing it all wrong. alright. thanks

joe
[signature]
Hey Joe,

YOu also need an air horn to signal down boats to give you a ride! JK, LOL,

Ur gonna get wet in ur new tube, the way the backrest is set up high, the water is gonna come right through and crash against your back!

Honk Honk, HELP!

Aaron[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Im just messing with you, tell everyone what happened!
[signature]
[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][Wink]funny guy huh?!?! hey thats your guys' fault. you guys left me back there stuck in the current carrying chris' and my baitwell. thats alot of drag. but thats ok, these guys had a 40# WSB in there freezer thingy that i got to see. it was cool!!! no harm done....yet![laugh]

hey is that the way your tube is? because mine isnt any different than yours except for the amount of pockets. oh and the backrest might be a couple of inches higher.

hey this perch is kinda cool!!!

joe
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]sorry to burst your bubble but thats a bad thing.. ahah[/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[Tongue][/size]
[signature]
your guys' tubes arent any diffent than mine except for the number of pockets. i dont know what you guys are talking about. I'm lost!

joe
[signature]
[cool]Relax. They're just "draggin' your anchor". You made a good buy and you should do fine in it.

If you are worried about taking waves, stay out of the waves. Hope you learned the last time. It's always best to play it safe. You don't get to swim so much and lose so much tackle.

TubeDude
[signature]