Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuda line
I pick-up cuda line for the 1st time fr bigfish parking lot sale fish this week catalina had good results!! has anyone tried it , how does it fare for Tuna ????
[signature]

Hey there captianrambo,

I have heard both pro and con about just about every line that's marketed presently. And tried them too. ha ha I believe the Cuda line is a co-polymer monofiliment isn't it? I saw one post from a guy fishing tuna and he said that the line was a bit soft and had a tendency to retain memory. I'm sure he had it on a conventional reel although sometimes a line will do well on one type of reel and not another.

No personal experience. If it's soft, as this guy said, and stretchy and you decided to use it for tuna, I'd pre-stretch the line and then check its tensil strength before fishing with it.

An old deckhand's trick is to take a line, pre-stretch it, use it once and start over again next trip. Lots of jackpots won that way!

Hope to hear you did good on the Tuna.

JapanRon
[signature]
I hate it!!!!! i wouldn't recommend that line to anyone. I just have had bad experiences with it, but maybe others haven't had the same things happen to them.

joe
[signature]
Ya,

I've used it and it is an OK line for one time use but it deteriorates way too quickly. i cant stand using it, that and that Yo Zuri crap deteriorates too.[mad]

Aaron

Fish Izorline, catch a fish!
[signature]
I use it religiously,It's properties are better than anyother line out there.I like the smaller diameter,first,and the abrasion resistance is equal to yo'-zuri's hybrid,without the big price tag.I've caught BIG Sharks Yellowtails and Albies,without worries,live bait on sliding Fish Traps,I Love It !
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]i like it... ive caught cuda on it all day and no leader and took a beating and it was still good!![/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]
I think it's a fluorocarbon type. I spooled it on my Penn Mag and fished with it around the breakwater where casting is paramount to catching. Off hand it seemed to fray more than usual but casts super. I guess you can't have it all.
[signature]