Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Water Bullet Lure
What do you think of my Sharpie colored BulletBobber to make it a BulletLure? I put on a base coat of light green and orange sharpie and then highlighted with darker green, orange, black and a little pink!

[Image: SharpieCustom.jpg]
[signature]
thats cool looking
[signature]
That looks really good. That's pretty artistic in my opinion.
[signature]
That was my first try. Wish I had time to make a lot more.
The one on the right is my favorite and I'll catch fish on it.
[Image: 1st3lures.jpg]
[signature]
That's pretty cool. Do you just attach a treble hook and use it as a top water lure?
[signature]
[quote trophytrout89]That's pretty cool. Do you just attach a treble hook and use it as a top water lure?[/quote]

Yes a trebble hook and a split shot for balance. Without any weight they go into a dive a dive too easily. You can aslo pull a lure up close i.e. spinner, spoon or jig to add some flash or wiggle.
[signature]
Awesome. What species of fish have you caught using that set up? Anything big?
[signature]
[quote trophytrout89]Awesome. What species of fish have you caught using that set up? Anything big?[/quote]

I have only been fishing twice since I painted the first one and I was fishing from shore in a bad fishing spot – no hits - I was doing more testing then fishing. But when I was on a canoe trip in early spring I had some big Smallmouth hit a green/orange BulletBobber but the lure wasn’t pulled up close.

The video on my site that shows a BulletBobber going around a sunken tree was taken in a place I had a really big Smallmouth hit the BulletBobber but when we land the canoe and got the video camera out to shoot video…the fish got camera shy.
I have folks tell me they have some BulletBobbers with teeth marks on them and a story about one being crunched up by a Muskie.

I am wondering if made a bad choice investing in having BulletBobbers made first instead of lures. I only had so much I could put into the project and now need to sell the stock I have to reinvest and get some lures painted by production mode.

The ones below were painted by a company that paints lures but they wanted $3.00 a pop and minimum order of 5,000 to start. It really isn't a bad price for starting but I ain't got it. Anyone want to invest? LOL Wish I could get on that Shark Tank show! I am considering selling part of the business to raise funds but times are really tough right now.

[Image: BBlures.jpg]
[signature]
Those look great. It would be great if these things became a huge hit. I wish I had some extra money to help you get things started. I think we're all a little tight on cash these days. Best of luck with the lures. Let me know if you catch anything else on them or any other type of news, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks and good luck.
[signature]