Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear and Elk , did you put in ?
I did , went for bull only and for the Gladwin unit on the black bear .
There is a 600 lb. just down the road a bit and he would make a excelent rug for the fireplace room .
Still looking for that long bearded tom to come along my way .
[signature]
Oh my goodness, its that time already isnt it, I keep missing bear permits, and did they start the elk early this year?

I am on my way to check the dnr site....

thanks for the reminder,

one in gladwin you say? Maybe I will put in for one and we can hook up for a hunt.... think I will pick any,
[signature]
ive put in the elk permit ..never got one relly not counting on it..
[signature]
its official, I got elk feaver already,

I was moving wood chips in my yard yesterday when all of a suddon a deer comes right up behind me not more than 15 feet away...

I turned around and glanced at it, and thought what a nice suprise... I turned back to my chips and then thought Hey! that deer was as tall as me so I turned back around and it started walking up the road to the intersection about 150 feet away and stopped again, the hair was to long, the ears were to long and there was no white tail.

my first thought was it looked like a doe mule deer, and my sences set in, there aint no mule deer in the state of the mitten... That only Leaves elk... but an elk in my hood?

Well ya know, sherlock says, when you eliminate the obvious, the imposible, and what ever is left no matter how impobable is the answer.

there are elk in mich, there are game ranches in southern mich with elk... so it must have been an elk...

Yup, elk feaver has set in... no I wasnt dreaming, I was shoveling wood chips in the pontiac area... Question is, where did the elk come from? [Smile]
[signature]
Did you contact the DNR on it ?
I'm guessing the same thing you are an escaped ranch elk and if i'm not mistaken the 48 hour rule would play into that , but then again , you would have to check with the D.N.R. first (I would hesitate to give the location out to them if you do decide to try to harvest it ) .

I did see that you guys have fallow deer and ferril swine in the area that have an open season on them .
[signature]
I am leagaly packing a shot gun when I go out to the farm, I keep an eye open for them taisty vittles. [:p]

I wont be bothering the dnr with it. how ever it got here, it is welcome to stay.... [cool] The crazy part is I was in a subdivision packed full of houses, so I couldnt harvest it I wanted to...

If it dont get killed on the road it will be nice to see fully grown....

how ever, it do incurrage one to want to pull out the rifle and shine up the beed on the end of the barrol. [cool]

I finaly got me a traler to huall my quad. Now when I get to my site, I can unhook the trailer from the truck and hook it to the back of the quad and head in to deaper territory off the main road with my camp pack. [Image: whistle.gif]

I may have to tie the quad to a tree to wench an elk up another tree, but she will do it.... gotta love one done wenches. [Image: happy.gif]

now all I need is a camera man to shoot the vidio soes I can sell it to michigan out of doors to pay for the trip [:p]

hope we draw permits for the same area, how kool would that be. [cool]
[signature]
You hit the Elk Lotto ????

If I had known you were looking for a trailer to haul the quad I could have picked you up a free fix-er-upper .
the frame, axle, tires, and suspention were all good , just needed a floor and lights .
a LOCAL HAD IT OUT FOR THE JUNK MAN , A OLD ARTIC CAT SNOW MOBILE TRAILER (darn that caps loc button [blush]).
[signature]
I had to have a 5 1/2 x 8 for my quad to ride on... it takes up every bit of that space,

next time I load it up I will take a pic and post it here...

yoiu should have grabbed that trailor any ways, it would have made a great garage sale item, not to mention Trailers aint going cheep any wheres, every one is packing up and moving....
[signature]
[url "http://www.michigandnr.com/availablelicenses/default.asp?Type=B"][#000000][size 2]Remaining Bear Licenses[/size][/#000000][/url]
[size 2]Unsuccessful bear applicants may purchase a remaining license from any license agent or online beginning July 6 at 10 a.m. (EDT). Individuals who did not participate in the drawing may purchase a remaining license beginning July 13 at 10 a.m. (EDT). Remaining bear licenses are available to Michigan residents only and will be sold until the quota is met in each hunt period.[/size]
[size 2][/size]
[url "http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_42807---,00.html"]http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_42807---,00.html[/url]
[signature]
just checked my results, I got a

[size 4]Sorry! You are unsuccessful in the 2009 Bear drawing.[/size]
[font "Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif"]Drawing:2009 Bear[/font]

and a

[size 4]Sorry! You are unsuccessful in the 2009 Elk drawing.[/size]
[font "Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif"]Drawing:2009 Elk[/font]
[font "Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif"]Chances:6[/font]
[Image: sad.gif]
[signature]
Diito here , didn't get either .
The 15th. is antlerless application , Fall turkey is on right now .

I was so looking forward to having my 8 x 8 antlers mounted onto a 600 lb. black bear head .
[signature]
I dont get to put in for the drawing, ours is buy over the counter in our area. "privet land only hunts"

since I didnt draw a michigan elk or bear hunt I decided to bag my limit of 4-H elk and Black bear and turkey and phesant and water fowel... at the oakland county 4-H fair

[center]4-H Elk
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=50807]
[center]
[center]4-H Black Bear
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=50808]
[center]
[center]4-H Wild Turkey
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=50809]
[center]
[center]4-H Phesant
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=50810]
[center]